Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Trent stop while you are still ambulatory!

Default Please Trent stop while you are still ambulatory!

Report: Packers eye Trent Green as backup

The Green Bay Packers are looking at former Pro Bowl quarterback Trent Green to become Aaron Rodgers' backup, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports.

The team is interested in signing a veteran backup closer to Brett Favre's age. Favre is 38, and Green will turn 38 on July 9.

Green is expected to talk with the team soon and possibly set up a visit, his agent told the newspaper.

The quarterback, who was released by the Dolphins last month, already has met with the St. Louis Rams and New Orleans Saints, and the New York Giants have expressed interest in him.

Green suffered a severe concussion in the 2006 season opener playing for the Kansas City Chiefs against the Cincinnati Bengals. He started the first five games of the 2007 season for the Dolphins before having another concussion.

The Packers also are looking at 37-year-old Mark Brunell, the Journal Sentinel reports.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=376185

I love the guy, but those shots to the head must have affected his ability to reason.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I am just curiousm, but do any of you know what is actually wrong with Trent? Medically speaking. What grade were his concussions? What are the immediate and long term effects of the injuries? What will happen if he gets another one? I think it is ridiculous to see people calling the guy selfish. Who the hell are you? I understand showing some concern for his well being, but uninformedly accusing the guy of being selfish with absolutely no knowledge of the situation is a joke doctor.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I am just curiousm, but do any of you know what is actually wrong with Trent? Medically speaking. What grade were his concussions? What are the immediate and long term effects of the injuries? What will happen if he gets another one? I think it is ridiculous to see people calling the guy selfish. Who the hell are you? I understand showing some concern for his well being, but uninformedly accusing the guy of being selfish with absolutely no knowledge of the situation is a joke doctor.
    You're right about the selfish part.

As you know, I watch hockey. One of my favorite players was Adam Deadmarsh. You're probably more familiar with PCS than I am but from what I understand when his symptoms were the worst he had trouble with everyday activities, i.e. walking, because it was so bad. Hopefully, that doesn't happen to Trent. Adam had to retire prematurely.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    You're right about the selfish part.

As you know, I watch hockey. One of my favorite players was Adam Deadmarsh. You're probably more familiar with PCS than I am but from what I understand when his symptoms were the worst he had trouble with everyday activities, i.e. walking, because it was so bad. Hopefully, that doesn't happen to Trent. Adam had to retire prematurely.
    I understand people are concerned about his health, but some call him selfish while knowing absolutely nothing about his injuries. seems kinda silly to me
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I understand people are concerned about his health, but some call him selfish while knowing absolutely nothing about his injuries. seems kinda silly to me
    It seems to me if you miss 10 weeks of football because of a (very severe) concussion one year, then sustain another knock out blow to the head the very next year it is time to call it quits.

After the career he has had (some pretty serious injuries in there) I think it's safe for us to speculate that he should leave gracefully.

As you are aware medical records are confidential, and football players want to continue to try for the big win at all costs, so the assumption is well warranted.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    It seems to me if you miss 10 weeks of football because of a (very severe) concussion one year, then sustain another knock out blow to the head the very next year it is time to call it quits.

After the career he has had (some pretty serious injuries in there) I think it's safe for us to speculate that he should leave gracefully.

As you are aware medical records are confidential, and football players want to continue to try for the big win at all costs, so the assumption is well warranted.
    Thank you DR HH for another uninformed OPINION of what is actually wrong with him!!

Thank you DR HH for another uninformed OPINION of what is actually wrong with him!!
    You're welcome!

Take two puffs and call me in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    i heard he was close to a deal with the Rams. sigh

this makes me sick to my stomach. i can't believe how selfish this guy is.
    Well I don't know how I missed this for an ENTIRE week (thanks guys), but texaschief was right.

At least he is getting paid pretty good money.

I wonder if he'll see any playing time next year.

Trent Green goes home again, signs with Rams

Former Chiefs quarterback Trent Green went back to St. Louis on Monday, signing a three-year deal with the Rams for about $8.9 million. He received a reported $2.1 million signing bonus, a $900,000 roster bonus this year and a $1 million base salary.

He goes to the Rams as the backup to Marc Bulger, though he is reunited with former Chiefs offensive coordinator Al Saunders and former Chiefs quarterback coach Terry Shea. It is his second stint with the Rams.

Rams coach Scott Linehan said: “We have now solidified our quarterback position. You will be hard-pressed to find the quality we have at that position.

Green was released by the Miami Dolphins last month. Each of the last two seasons have been interrupted by concussions. He talked with several teams, including the Saints and Packers.

“It’s kind of neat,” Green said last week during his visit to Rams Park. Green grew up in the St. Louis suburb of Oakville and played football at Vianney High School. He was with the Rams in 1999 and 2000 where he was scheduled to be the starter before suffering a knee injury in 1999. That paved the way for Kurt Warner to become the Rams’ starter.

“It’s funny how all this kind of works back in circles,” Green said. “You look at what happened the first time I came through. I obviously wish the injury had never happened, and I would’ve been here this whole time.”

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...ry/525524.html
    I'm not so sure I like that last statement there from the guy.

I'm sure he didn't want the injury to happen, but he had some pretty good years with the Chiefs.

I guess after getting cut by Herm though, I don't blame him much.

This injury has been happening for 50 years and only a few guys have actually retired because of it. To call him selfish in ridiculous IMO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    This injury has been happening for 50 years and only a few guys have actually retired because of it. To call him selfish in ridiculous IMO!!!
    These injuries have also been given a lot more scrutiny in the last few years as more, and more is learned about the long term effects of concussions.

If he still wants to play I can't stop him, but I worry about his future if this kind of thing happens again.

Trent Green, is a very smart guy, I am sure he has talked to the docs, and has all the info he needs to make this choice. Good luck Trent, best wishes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast