Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What round do the Chiefs draft a QB?

Default What round do the Chiefs draft a QB?

This is from page 4 of a long article from the KC Star.

Will Brody ever get a win in the NFL?

Asked if he could definitively say Kansas City will not choose a passer with its first draft pick, Edwards paused for a moment and shook his head.

“No,” he says finally. “You’ll never say that. You can’t.”

Part of that is because the Chiefs, like all NFL teams, are playing poker — and revealing their intentions would be showing their hand. But the team just is not sold yet that Croyle is the long-term answer at its most visible position.

“I don’t think you could make a rational argument that he’s better than the bottom third of the league,” says Randy Cross, an NFL analyst who called a late-season Chiefs game for CBS. “He’s got some of the intangibles. But you can’t do it on potential. He’s not capable of carrying a team, but I don’t think there are many of those guys.”

And, says another CBS analyst with Kansas City experience, there is little time for Croyle to prove himself.

“He has a year,” says Rich Gannon, Chiefs quarterback from 1995 to 1998. “If they’re still not winning, you have to go get somebody else who will win.”

This season will be critical for Croyle. The Chiefs think enough of him that they likely will resist the temptation of drafting a quarterback in the first round. They likely will draft one in the later rounds, proof they don’t think so much of Croyle that they do not want insurance.

Until draft weekend, when the Chiefs show how they really feel about Croyle, the young quarterback will continue to be around. He will keep getting up early, hunting and heading to the stadium. He will show he is committed to the Chiefs — even if the Chiefs cannot say they are committed to him.

“He needs to have a fresh start,” Edwards says. “It’s up to him and us to be successful. He’s going to get an opportunity, and that’s all he wants. He wants to prove to himself he can be an NFL quarterback and win in this league. At the end of the day, he’s got to perform.

“He went through tough times last year playing. He didn’t anticipate that. He didn’t at all. He’s going to find out a lot about himself now.”

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/523283-p4.html

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Herm and Cross are idiots. The only opinion worth anything there is Gannon's. We should probably address the offensive line before we address the QB position. We all know Croyle can throw, now can he make good decisions when he has time to throw.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Herm and Cross are idiots. The only opinion worth anything there is Gannon's. We should probably address the offensive line before we address the QB position. We all know Croyle can throw, now can he make good decisions when he has time to throw.
    On this we agree!

If we draft Ryan with our first pick I'm gonna be pissed.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    On this we agree!

If we draft Ryan with our first pick I'm gonna be pissed.
    Ryan's got a hell of an arm but so did Jeff George.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

O lineman!

I don't think Ryan is near the A_ _ that J.George was..

we're going to take a QB in the 3rd....just like we took Croyle.

In my opinion, we either take a QB in the first or second or not at all. There's no possible way a QB taken in the 3rd should be expected to take the job away from Croyle by playing SO much better than he. That 3rd rd. pick would be better used at some other position IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    we're going to take a QB in the 3rd....just like we took Croyle.

In my opinion, we either take a QB in the first or second or not at all. There's no possible way a QB taken in the 3rd should be expected to take the job away from Croyle by playing SO much better than he. That 3rd rd. pick would be better used at some other position IMO.

Finally some sanity!!!!

I agree 100%, but I still don't think we should even be drafting a QB at all this year.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    This is from page 4 of a long article from the KC Star.

Will Brody ever get a win in the NFL?

NOt if we don't do something about the O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    NOt if we don't do something about the O-line.
    J Long or Clady.

I would even take Clady.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast