Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ESPN First Take

Default ESPN First Take

They were talking about our pick this morning in their mock draft feature. They talked about us trying to trade down if the Rams take Long. If we didn't trade down, they talked about us taking Sedrick Ellis out of USC. I've watched him play. He's pretty good. I still think we should try to trade the pick.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I stopped hoping for such a thing.
    Never give up hope...

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Never give up hope...

Alas, I've been completely jaded.

The Hunt Brother's need to give Carl a reality check..
    That being said, Carl needs to understand the situation better and see if signing JA is realistic...If not he needs to trade him this year so we can have more high round draft picks... I would hate to loose JA but i'd rather get something for him now than use the franchise tag on him this year and next year then have him leave for nothing....

Trying to get Jake Long and then V. Gholston or Chris Long would be the dream scenario but I doubt Carl would be that smart...
    Chris Long is a finished product and is pretty athletic.. he's going to be a good Pro...
    V. Gholston is still pretty raw but more athletic and has a higher ceiling... I can see him terrorizing the league like what S. Merriman (spelling) is doing because he's athletic, fast and can be a multiple position guy...

But we all know that will never happen...ey i guess it's nice to dream about

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    The Hunt Brother's need to give Carl a reality check..
    That being said, Carl needs to understand the situation better and see if signing JA is realistic...If not he needs to trade him this year so we can have more high round draft picks... I would hate to loose JA but i'd rather get something for him now than use the franchise tag on him this year and next year then have him leave for nothing....

Trying to get Jake Long and then V. Gholston or Chris Long would be the dream scenario but I doubt Carl would be that smart...
    Chris Long is a finished product and is pretty athletic.. he's going to be a good Pro...
    V. Gholston is still pretty raw but more athletic and has a higher ceiling... I can see him terrorizing the league like what S. Merriman (spelling) is doing because he's athletic, fast and can be a multiple position guy...

But we all know that will never happen...ey i guess it's nice to dream about
    easy killer....talk of trading JA will get your head bit off around here. But don't worry. I'll be there to throw it back on for ya.

I'd love to get more picks though...and trading JA for a couple first round picks would be great. I just don't think it will happen. While the board may disagree, Jason Taylor is a better DE than JA, but there were rumors of him being traded for a 2nd and a 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    easy killer....talk of trading JA will get your head bit off around here. But don't worry. I'll be there to throw it back on for ya.

I'd love to get more picks though...and trading JA for a couple first round picks would be great. I just don't think it will happen. While the board may disagree, Jason Taylor is a better DE than JA, but there were rumors of him being traded for a 2nd and a 4th.
    Nope, no one's gonna shell out franchise tag money to obtain him. IMO

Which i think is a sign. If no one else is willing to pay the money, isn't that a red flag? If he's everything the ppl in KC think he is, shouldn't suitors be lining up at the front gates of Arrowhead throwing trade offers at Carl's feet?

Which i think is a sign. If no one else is willing to pay the money, isn't that a red flag? If he's everything the ppl in KC think he is, shouldn't suitors be lining up at the front gates of Arrowhead throwing trade offers at Carl's feet?
    Not necessarily because I think that it tends to cause problems on their own rosters as far as who is paid what in comparison to what they are shelling out for a franchised player.

Not necessarily because I think that it tends to cause problems on their own rosters as far as who is paid what in comparison to what they are shelling out for a franchised player.
    but they wouldn't be paying him anything out of proportion. They would trade for him, then sign him to a long term deal...obviously something that's not gonna happen here.

but they wouldn't be paying him anything out of proportion. They would trade for him, then sign him to a long term deal...obviously something that's not gonna happen here.
    ...And then there's his past legal indiscretions even though he kept his nose clean last year. His previous run-ins with the law may have teams thinking twice about offering a deal. I'm just guessing and speculating here though.

I think it was earlier in this thread (maybe even the 2nd or 3rd post, can't remember for some reason) that I agreed with you.

If JA is gonna fight Carl over this crap then he might just get his wish and leave KC before the season starts.

I'm a realist.

If that is gonna happen then we use him to improve our shots in the draft, we don't wait to let him leave on his terms, or sit on the bench like Moss did in Oakland because he didn't agree with the way the team was being ran.

I would disagree with that Chiefster, and think we could possibly even trade UP in the draft with him.

See, hell has frozen over.

You are using Chiefster (of all people(!)) to support your argument.

Do you even read his posts?

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast