Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ESPN First Take

Default ESPN First Take

They were talking about our pick this morning in their mock draft feature. They talked about us trying to trade down if the Rams take Long. If we didn't trade down, they talked about us taking Sedrick Ellis out of USC. I've watched him play. He's pretty good. I still think we should try to trade the pick.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...And then there's his past legal indiscretions even though he kept his nose clean last year. His previous run-ins with the law may have teams thinking twice about offering a deal. I'm just guessing and speculating here though.
    Be careful Chiefster, you almost fell off the fence with that one!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...And then there's his past legal indiscretions even though he kept his nose clean last year. His previous run-ins with the law may have teams thinking twice about offering a deal. I'm just guessing and speculating here though.
    ding ding ding!!!!!!

I wonder why it's taken Carl so long to pull his own trigger....hmm....but Carl and Herm are idiots for not throwing cash at this guy, right? This is my biggest problem with the whole situation. He acts like he's earned to be paid all this cash when he's STILL a huge risk in the eyes of the league....ESPECIALLY now that the new commissioner is coming down as hard as he is against repeat offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I think it was earlier in this thread (maybe even the 2nd or 3rd post, can't remember for some reason) that I agreed with you.

If JA is gonna fight Carl over this crap then he might just get his wish and leave KC before the season starts.

I'm a realist.

If that is gonna happen then we use him to improve our shots in the draft, we don't wait to let him leave on his terms, or sit on the bench like Moss did in Oakland because he didn't agree with the way the team was being ran.

I would disagree with that Chiefster, and think we could possibly even trade UP in the draft with him.

See, hell has frozen over.

You are using Chiefster (of all people(!)) to support your argument.

Do you even read his posts?

Anything is possible.

I think it was earlier in this thread (maybe even the 2nd or 3rd post, can't remember for some reason) that I agreed with you.

If JA is gonna fight Carl over this crap then he might just get his wish and leave KC before the season starts.

I'm a realist.

If that is gonna happen then we use him to improve our shots in the draft, we don't wait to let him leave on his terms, or sit on the bench like Moss did in Oakland because he didn't agree with the way the team was being ran.

I would disagree with that Chiefster, and think we could possibly even trade UP in the draft with him.

See, hell has frozen over.

You are using Chiefster (of all people(!)) to support your argument.

Do you even read his posts?

I for one wouldn't want to improve position as much as i'd like to gain more picks. It would be nice to see us trade him for a first and 3rd perhaps in light of what i read about Taylor going for a 2nd and 4th...if not for both of the Cowboy's first round picks if we could trade someone/something else along with him. Perhaps later picks or Gregg Wesley or hell, Napoleon Harris, Tamba Hali or Larry Johnson to gain 3, 4 or maybe even 5 more picks to go along with the 10 we already have.

.....i know, i know, unpopular pipe dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    ding ding ding!!!!!!

I wonder why it's taken Carl so long to pull his own trigger....hmm....but Carl and Herm are idiots for not throwing cash at this guy, right? This is my biggest problem with the whole situation. He acts like he's earned to be paid all this cash when he's STILL a huge risk in the eyes of the league....ESPECIALLY now that the new commissioner is coming down as hard as he is against repeat offenders.

JA is securely sober, no-one in the league doubts that.

Are you in the league?

No?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I for one wouldn't want to improve position as much as i'd like to gain more picks. It would be nice to see us trade him for a first and 3rd perhaps in light of what i read about Taylor going for a 2nd and 4th...if not for both of the Cowboy's first round picks if we could trade someone/something else along with him. Perhaps later picks or Gregg Wesley or hell, Napoleon Harris, Tamba Hali or Larry Johnson to gain 3, 4 or maybe even 5 more picks to go along with the 10 we already have.

.....i know, i know, unpopular pipe dreams.
    Since it's just me, you, and Chiefster posting I guess you can tell me this if is mean, or Chiefster can delete it, but....

That's just retarded.

You want to try for "diamonds in the rough" later in the draft, rather than make a deal for Jake Long?

You are crazy.

Since it's just me, you, and Chiefster posting I guess you can tell me this if is mean, or Chiefster can delete it, but....

That's just retarded.

You want to try for "diamonds in the rough" later in the draft, rather than make a deal for Jake Long?

You are crazy.
    Who's saying you'd have to give up the #5 pick to get Long? Why not trade JA for the pick straight up and keep the 5th pick as well?

Who's saying you'd have to give up the #5 pick to get Long? Why not trade JA for the pick straight up and keep the 5th pick as well?
    Dude that is what the F I have been trying to say!!!

Did you even read the rest of this thread? (I hope it's this thread or I'm gonna look stupider than usual! )

Trade JA straight up to the Phins and get Jake Long!

Dude that is what the F I have been trying to say!!!

Did you even read the rest of this thread? (I hope it's this thread or I'm gonna look stupider than usual! )

Trade JA straight up to the Phins and get Jake Long!

You said "trade up." That term usually means you're giving up your pick as well as the player.

sorry i misunderstood.

You said "trade up." That term usually means you're giving up your pick as well as the player.

sorry i misunderstood.

You? Sorry?

I'll believe that when I see you stealing Canada's beers!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast