Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ESPN First Take

Default ESPN First Take

They were talking about our pick this morning in their mock draft feature. They talked about us trying to trade down if the Rams take Long. If we didn't trade down, they talked about us taking Sedrick Ellis out of USC. I've watched him play. He's pretty good. I still think we should try to trade the pick.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    easy killer....talk of trading JA will get your head bit off around here. But don't worry. I'll be there to throw it back on for ya.

I'd love to get more picks though...and trading JA for a couple first round picks would be great. I just don't think it will happen. While the board may disagree, Jason Taylor is a better DE than JA, but there were rumors of him being traded for a 2nd and a 4th.
    Jason Taylor's a great DE, but better than JA? How do you figure? Are you going to say he has more upside?

You seem to defend the coaching and management's stance on rebuilding but you don't like the outstanding young talent we already have. Is it the legal issue with JA you have a problem with? Is it his attitude towards being franchised?

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

talks of trading JA? damn we can never have anything good around here while we got carl as our top dog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post
    talks of trading JA? damn we can never have anything good around here while we got carl as our top dog.

you're a smack talker too right?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

ding ding ding!!!!!!

I wonder why it's taken Carl so long to pull his own trigger....hmm....but Carl and Herm are idiots for not throwing cash at this guy, right? This is my biggest problem with the whole situation. He acts like he's earned to be paid all this cash when he's STILL a huge risk in the eyes of the league....ESPECIALLY now that the new commissioner is coming down as hard as he is against repeat offenders.
    Teams don't have to pay suspended players..

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Dude that is what the F I have been trying to say!!!

Did you even read the rest of this thread? (I hope it's this thread or I'm gonna look stupider than usual! )

Trade JA straight up to the Phins and get Jake Long!

Seems logical. Trade away a great player, for an outside chance at a great player.
    Last edited by chief31; 03-15-2008 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Teams don't have to pay suspended players..

Seems logical. Trade away a great player, for an outside chance at a great player.
    Are you saying that if the Dolphins would trade their first round pick for JA you wouldn't do it?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Teams don't have to pay suspended players.....AND? The point is still valid.

....no, you're right. Let's keep him for one more year so he can walk away and then we get nothing for him. He's coming off a career year and his stock is at it's highest point. Sell high, buy low.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Are you saying that if the Dolphins would trade their first round pick for JA you wouldn't do it?
    No chance. Why trade a great player for someone who would be lucky to turn-out as good? Keep in mind that Allen is not some old geezer either.

....no, you're right. Let's keep him for one more year so he can walk away and then we get nothing for him. He's coming off a career year and his stock is at it's highest point. Sell high, buy low.
    Or... maybe give the man a long-term deal. You keep going on about what a "cancer" he is to this team, but what has been his only complaint?

A long-term contract. (Pretty rare for a player to make any noise about that, ehh?)

Sure would have been nice to have already locked him up with a much less costly deal last offseason.

So, if he gets his contract, is he still some team destroying "cancer"?

No chance. Why trade a great player for someone who would be lucky to turn-out as good? Keep in mind that Allen is not some old geezer either.

Or... maybe give the man a long-term deal. You keep going on about what a "cancer" he is to this team, but what has been his only complaint?

A long-term contract. (Pretty rare for a player to make any noise about that, ehh?)

Sure would have been nice to have already locked him up with a much less costly deal last offseason.

I don't think JA is a cancer, I also believe he is an excellent player that will not be with the Chiefs after next year (if even this year).

I thought they could franchise him for the next three years?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

He should have been signed to a deal already.

Show me the Money!
    LJ? But he got the money and sucked, but to be fair the O-Line sucked.

No, He is a Leader, He can enhance the play of his team mates. He is a fan favorite, and that is also important. JMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I thought they could franchise him for the next three years?
    I do not know, but I think that we can next year also.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast