Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm not sure what to think but I'm sure texaschief will tell me!!!!!!!!!!

Default I'm not sure what to think but I'm sure texaschief will tell me!!!!!!!!!!

As the days go by and the more ESPN and NFL Network I watch, the less likely I think it will be that we will get Jake Long. I watched both stations again this morning and John Clayton from ESPN and a guy from NFL Network BOTH said they think the likelyhood of Miami taking him goes up everyday!! Even though I felt like he was going to be gone by the #5 pick, I was trying to hold out hope that he might still be there. With all of the exposure this kid is getting, I now feel like the chances are virtually ZERO that he will be there when we pick!!! SUCKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It will be difficult to make our offense any less effective.
    I don't know. If we kept Drummond and let him keep giving us crappy field position it could get worse!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Alabi and Jones alone are upgrades over Terry and Turley. Just getting rid of Weigmann alone will be huge, because he was to small to play center in our system. Niswanger and Taylor showed promise last year, and Svitek actually didn't look bad at RT, he sucks at LT though. Our line was way better when McIntosh was playing, and he was even hurt the whole year while he was playing. This is a deep deep year for Oline in the draft, arguably the deepest its been in 25 years. We can get starters outside of the first round, the 7th ranked guy isn't much worse than Long either. Great guards are usually drafted in rounds 2-4, and great centers are usually drafted in rounds 3-5. We are already upgraded, and we should be in a lot better shape after the draft even if we don't draft an Olinemen in the first two rounds. Chan Gailey's playcalling alone will make the offense look upgraded too, we won't be nearly as predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
    Alabi and Jones alone are upgrades over Terry and Turley. Just getting rid of Weigmann alone will be huge, because he was to small to play center in our system. Niswanger and Taylor showed promise last year, and Svitek actually didn't look bad at RT, he sucks at LT though. Our line was way better when McIntosh was playing, and he was even hurt the whole year while he was playing. This is a deep deep year for Oline in the draft, arguably the deepest its been in 25 years. We can get starters outside of the first round, the 7th ranked guy isn't much worse than Long either. Great guards are usually drafted in rounds 2-4, and great centers are usually drafted in rounds 3-5. We are already upgraded, and we should be in a lot better shape after the draft even if we don't draft an Olinemen in the first two rounds. Chan Gailey's playcalling alone will make the offense look upgraded too, we won't be nearly as predictable.
    I've heard that this draft it deep in everything but punters so far.

I don't trust Herm to evaluate talent on either side of the ball.

That being said I like your optimism!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

We went 0-9 without LJ, him coming back will be huge too. He kept at least 8-10 players in the box at all times, and has yet to play with Croyles arm. I also think Darling is going to do a lot more than anyone expects... if he stays healthy hes good, he was just in a bad situation in Baltimore, but really started breaking out at the end of the year. He didn't play much at all and still put up better stats than Kennison, Parker, and Webb last year.

Well whatever you've been hearing is wrong, the draft is deep at Oline, CB, WR, and thats about it. That plays into our favor a lot though because those are arguably our three biggest needs.

Weigmann, eventhough I agree he is too small for the system, was still probably the second best offensive lineman that we had last season. (Tosh wasn't bad.)

But by the third round, all of the "depth" of o-linemen in this draft will be gone. OTs will be well into the third-tier, and the top one-two OGs will likely be gone too. And the C position is a very weak class.

As for predicting that Gailey will be some huge impact, that is not going out on much of a limb. When you have the 31st ranked offense, there is virtually nowhere to go but up.

You are picking a very heavy favorite here.

We went 0-9 without LJ, him coming back will be huge too. He kept at least 8-10 players in the box at all times, and has yet to play with Croyles arm. I also think Darling is going to do a lot more than anyone expects... if he stays healthy hes good, he was just in a bad situation in Baltimore, but really started breaking out at the end of the year. He didn't play much at all and still put up better stats than Kennison, Parker, and Webb last year.
    I agree about Darling (I hate that name though)!

Putting up more numbers than Kennison, Parker, and Webb put together is about as hard as me opening a beer!

Well whatever you've been hearing is wrong, the draft is deep at Oline, CB, WR, and thats about it. That plays into our favor a lot though because those are arguably our three biggest needs.
    Those are not arguably our biggest needs they are!

I don't think what I've been hearing is right or wrong.

I just report what I hear!

(Besides, I wear a Miracle Ear!)

I would say that Waters and McIntosh were our best two Olinemen last year. Olinemen being good by the 3rd round? Probably not, most years you can still get pretty good tackles then, and this is way way better than most years. You can always get starting Guards and Centers past the 3rd round too.

I would say that Waters and McIntosh were our best two Olinemen last year. Olinemen being good by the 3rd round? Probably not, most years you can still get pretty good tackles then, and this is way way better than most years. You can always get starting Guards and Centers past the 3rd round too.

You sound pretty confident about what you are saying.

Are you feeling this is the year the Chiefs rebuild the O line?

They have been neglecting if for a while now (McIntosh included, he is a slow, fat turd!) and I doubt we will draft Clady if Long is gone.

Those draft picks for O linemen are gonna be worthless in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

We are rebuilding the team as a whole, including Oline. Great starters don't have to be 1st round picks, especially picking as early as we do, our 2nd round pick will most likely have 1st round talent. We can draft a great OT in the 2nd and a great OG in the 3rd or 4th easy... thats just in most years, I'm not factoring in how much easyer it will be this year because its such a deep year.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast