Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm not sure what to think but I'm sure texaschief will tell me!!!!!!!!!!

Default I'm not sure what to think but I'm sure texaschief will tell me!!!!!!!!!!

As the days go by and the more ESPN and NFL Network I watch, the less likely I think it will be that we will get Jake Long. I watched both stations again this morning and John Clayton from ESPN and a guy from NFL Network BOTH said they think the likelyhood of Miami taking him goes up everyday!! Even though I felt like he was going to be gone by the #5 pick, I was trying to hold out hope that he might still be there. With all of the exposure this kid is getting, I now feel like the chances are virtually ZERO that he will be there when we pick!!! SUCKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Hell, i'm not ruling out anyone! We've got at LEAST 3 spots to fill on that line. Perhaps even 4.
    I agree!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Hartwig was drafted in 2002 by the Titans. He played 3 games and no starts that year. In 03 he was 16/16 games/starts. 04 he was 15/15. In 05 he was 16/16.

In 2006 he signed with the Panthers. He was injured and only played 2 games and started one. Apparently, he isn't the same player he was before the injury. In 2007 he was 15/15. If he signs, he may not come in as the starter.

McIntosh is a very good pass blocker, but he sucks at run blocking... thats a big part of why hes a better LT. You want your LT to be able to protect the QB's blind side, meaning you want him to be a great pass blocker. You want your RT to be good a run blocking. Most rookies can't just step into the NFL and be good, they start at the right side the majority of the time then move to the left side.

Quote Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
    McIntosh is a very good pass blocker, but he sucks at run blocking... thats a big part of why hes a better LT. You want your LT to be able to protect the QB's blind side, meaning you want him to be a great pass blocker. You want your RT to be good a run blocking. Most rookies can't just step into the NFL and be good, they start at the right side the majority of the time then move to the left side.
    You and I disagree bud!

I thought I posted it below but I'll say it again.

McIntosh is a slow, fat turd.

I watched him TRY and block DE last year and wasn't effective in the least.

If it was because of the injury then he should not have been starting, because opponents were sending their fastest guys around the left side of the line!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You and I disagree bud!

I thought I posted it below but I'll say it again.

McIntosh is a slow, fat turd.

I watched him TRY and block DE last year and wasn't effective in the least.

If it was because of the injury then he should not have been starting, because opponents were sending their fastest guys around the left side of the line!

Really? And who behind him would've done a better job?

Hartwig was drafted in 2002 by the Titans. He played 3 games and no starts that year. In 03 he was 16/16 games/starts. 04 he was 15/15. In 05 he was 16/16.

In 2006 he signed with the Panthers. He was injured and only played 2 games and started one. Apparently, he isn't the same player he was before the injury. In 2007 he was 15/15. If he signs, he may not come in as the starter.
    And he plays what position?

I am assuming this Hartwig is an OT or OG?

Is he a center?

You see the problem is him hurt is still better than Svitek starting at LT... I'm looking forward to him being healthy next year, having a compitent OC, oh not to mention our Oline coach was terrible too (I don't even know why we hired him because he was horrible with hsi other teams too), and we won't have the old slow Huard playing QB curling up for an easy sack when he sees a defender.

Hartwig is a Center, the Panthers wanted him to move to Gaurd so thier 2nd round pick of last year could start at Center, but he refused so hes a FA now.

Really? And who behind him would've done a better job?

Trent Green blocks better with his head than McIntosh does with both hamhock legs, and doughboy gut...

(I know that was wrong, but I couldn't help myself...)

Who would or could have done better?

Are we talking about pass or rush?

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    And he plays what position?

I am assuming this Hartwig is an OT or OG?

Is he a center?
    dude.... try typing his name in on NFL.com.

He plays center.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast