Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm not sure what to think but I'm sure texaschief will tell me!!!!!!!!!!

Default I'm not sure what to think but I'm sure texaschief will tell me!!!!!!!!!!

As the days go by and the more ESPN and NFL Network I watch, the less likely I think it will be that we will get Jake Long. I watched both stations again this morning and John Clayton from ESPN and a guy from NFL Network BOTH said they think the likelyhood of Miami taking him goes up everyday!! Even though I felt like he was going to be gone by the #5 pick, I was trying to hold out hope that he might still be there. With all of the exposure this kid is getting, I now feel like the chances are virtually ZERO that he will be there when we pick!!! SUCKS!!!

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say we sign Justin Hartwig within the next couple days...

Quote Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
    We are rebuilding the team as a whole, including Oline. Great starters don't have to be 1st round picks, especially picking as early as we do, our 2nd round pick will most likely have 1st round talent. We can draft a great OT in the 2nd and a great OG in the 3rd or 4th easy... thats just in most years, I'm not factoring in how much easyer it will be this year because its such a deep year.
    You overestimate the power of Herm and Carl screwing things up.

I don't see this year being that deep for O line to be honest.

Jake Long has made everyone OT happy and now that is all that is being talked about.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say we sign Justin Hartwig within the next couple days...
    Who the hell is that?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Well, if he's actually coming into Kansas City, i doubt he leaves without a contract. I just hope you're right and he stays healthy.

Jake Long is media hype and wont be anything more than an average LT or maybe a great RT. Truth is that the OT that would fit our offense the best is Otah. I like Nicks who is faster, stronger, weighs more, and has longer arms but is a little more raw. Nicks also only gave up one sack and one QB pressure this year. The 7th ranked OT in this years draft isn't much worse than Long either... either way I don't think anyone we draft will unseat McIntosh thier rookie year, it would also be dumb because McIntosh is much much better at LT than he is RT.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Well, if he's actually coming into Kansas City, i doubt he leaves without a contract. I just hope you're right and he stays healthy.

He will be there tomorrow.

Jake Long is media hype and wont be anything more than an average LT or maybe a great RT. Truth is that the OT that would fit our offense the best is Otah. I like Nicks who is faster, stronger, weighs more, and has longer arms but is a little more raw. Nicks also only gave up one sack and one QB pressure this year. The 7th ranked OT in this years draft isn't much worse than Long either... either way I don't think anyone we draft will unseat McIntosh thier rookie year, it would also be dumb because McIntosh is much much better at LT than he is RT.
    which is why i'd like to see him moved to the interior.

Last year I would have LOVED to draft Thomas, I don't think Long even compares to him. Long compares a lot better to Brown, who was a big reach last year at #5 and started at RT for the Cards. Given thier starter is left handed.. but Leinhart didn't start all year and either way Brown wasn't that good.

I also think you guys are ruling out Niswanger, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him starting for us, he is/was an upgrade over Welborne.

I also think you guys are ruling out Niswanger, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him starting for us, he is/was an upgrade over Welborne.
    Hell, i'm not ruling out anyone! We've got at LEAST 3 spots to fill on that line. Perhaps even 4.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Who the hell is that?
    Thanks for the clarification texas!

Either McIntosh played worse rush defenses than he played last year with the Chiefs before he got here, or you are not watching the same games as me.

He is a (I will say it again) SLOW... FAT... TURD!

If he can use that fat to rush block then fine, move his *** wherever you want to to get that done!

If you really think he is better at LT than right I would hate to see him move to the other side of the line.

He will be there tomorrow.
    Who's that?

which is why i'd like to see him moved to the interior.
    You mean McIntosh?

Last year I would have LOVED to draft Thomas, I don't think Long even compares to him. Long compares a lot better to Brown, who was a big reach last year at #5 and started at RT for the Cards. Given thier starter is left handed.. but Leinhart didn't start all year and either way Brown wasn't that good.
    I don't know who those guys are except Leinert, and that is like saying the offense would have been better had LJ not gotten hurt last year.

Who the hell are YOU GUYS??

None of us agree on anything!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast