Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm not sure what to think but I'm sure texaschief will tell me!!!!!!!!!!

Default I'm not sure what to think but I'm sure texaschief will tell me!!!!!!!!!!

As the days go by and the more ESPN and NFL Network I watch, the less likely I think it will be that we will get Jake Long. I watched both stations again this morning and John Clayton from ESPN and a guy from NFL Network BOTH said they think the likelyhood of Miami taking him goes up everyday!! Even though I felt like he was going to be gone by the #5 pick, I was trying to hold out hope that he might still be there. With all of the exposure this kid is getting, I now feel like the chances are virtually ZERO that he will be there when we pick!!! SUCKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Trent Green blocks better with his head than McIntosh does with both hamhock legs, and doughboy gut...
    yeah, once.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    dude.... try typing his name in on NFL.com.

He plays center.
    I don't get that channel here.

I don't live in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    yeah, once.
    I like Trent guy, don't get the wrong impression.

He needs to get the hell out while the gettin' is good, though.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
    I would say that Waters and McIntosh were our best two Olinemen last year. Olinemen being good by the 3rd round? Probably not, most years you can still get pretty good tackles then, and this is way way better than most years. You can always get starting Guards and Centers past the 3rd round too.
    Tosh was better than I expected, and better than what I had seen of him with Miami. But Weigmann was solid.

You see the problem is him hurt is still better than Svitek starting at LT... I'm looking forward to him being healthy next year, having a compitent OC, oh not to mention our Oline coach was terrible too (I don't even know why we hired him because he was horrible with hsi other teams too), and we won't have the old slow Huard playing QB curling up for an easy sack when he sees a defender.
    Keep in mind that Svitek was also hampered with injuries when he got to play last season. Not to defend him, but if we are going to point out Toshs injury, then it is only fair.

And it seems that you, like most Chiefs fans, watched Damon Huard with a bias already settled in. Because I saw Damon standing tall in the pocket and taking the big hits like a man. Obviously he struggled, but then he was getting pounded by poor pass-protection, getting no help from an inneffective running game, had to battle poor play-calling, had lost his no.1 WR for most of the year, and had precious little time to work through progressions.

That's a pretty tall order.

In years past Wiegmann was very solid, should of been a pro bowler. He doesn't fit a mauling line at all, he wasn't good for us last year. Hes also benifited a lot from being in between Shields and Waters...

I'll admit at times Huard did what you said and made me say wow... but the majority of the time I seen him fall into the fietle position before he was touched.

I'll admit at times Huard did what you said and made me say wow... but the majority of the time I seen him fall into the fietle position before he was touched.
    Like most QBs in the league would have done behind our O line. Bring back Printers!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I remember seeing actually scramble (if you can call him wobbling around and avoiding a sack scrambling) a couple of times.

He was pretty good at getting rid of the ball, most times, before he was sacked.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I remember seeing actually scramble (if you can call him wobbling around and avoiding a sack scrambling) a couple of times.

He was pretty good at getting rid of the ball, most times, before he was sacked.
    He was much better at it in '06. But then he had a very solid interior o-line, just had the outside rush to worry about.

In '07, it was coming from all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    He was much better at it in '06. But then he had a very solid interior o-line, just had the outside rush to worry about.

In '07, it was coming from all over the place.

Huard has never been accused of being a bad QB!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Like most QBs in the league would have done behind our O line. Bring back Printers!!
    YEAH, BRING BACK PRINTERS!!!!!! We need a QB that can run for his life!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast