Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not sure what to think but I'm sure texaschief will tell me!!!!!!!!!!

Default I'm not sure what to think but I'm sure texaschief will tell me!!!!!!!!!!

As the days go by and the more ESPN and NFL Network I watch, the less likely I think it will be that we will get Jake Long. I watched both stations again this morning and John Clayton from ESPN and a guy from NFL Network BOTH said they think the likelyhood of Miami taking him goes up everyday!! Even though I felt like he was going to be gone by the #5 pick, I was trying to hold out hope that he might still be there. With all of the exposure this kid is getting, I now feel like the chances are virtually ZERO that he will be there when we pick!!! SUCKS!!!

I've heard we might take Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis if they are available or if we don't trade the pick. Of course, there are the Clady rumors as well.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

I think you are right.

I think both Longs will be gone.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I've heard we might take Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis if they are available or if we don't trade the pick. Of course, there are the Clady rumors as well.
    I'm not sold on Clady just yet. May be a bit of a reach IMO. If Dorsey checks out ok on his physical, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I'm not sold on Clady just yet. May be a bit of a reach IMO. If Dorsey checks out ok on his physical, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him.
    I'm starting to think we are gonna draft a corner.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

the good thing (if you can call it that) about our O-line situation is that we need two guards instead of 2 tackles. The best guard in the draft isn't expected to come off the board until the 3rd round. If we could find a way to get another pick in the first 3 rounds, we would be sitting pretty. We could take a CB, OT, OT, OG. I think our second OLineman taken should be a "tweener" guy who could move down to guard or play OT if needed.

Also, I wouldn't be shocked if Tre Stallings pushed his way on to the starting line this year. I'm also interested in Herbert Taylor. He's kinda small for a tackle, but at 6'3, 295 he'd be a decent guard. He was also a 4 year starter at TCU. He started all 48 games of his college career and being that he graduated from TCU, he's got to have brains. TCU is a tough school to get into academically.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    the good thing (if you can call it that) about our O-line situation is that we need two guards instead of 2 tackles. The best guard in the draft isn't expected to come off the board until the 3rd round. If we could find a way to get another pick in the first 3 rounds, we would be sitting pretty. We could take a CB, OT, OT, OG. I think our second OLineman taken should be a "tweener" guy who could move down to guard or play OT if needed.

Also, I wouldn't be shocked if Tre Stallings pushed his way on to the starting line this year. I'm also interested in Herbert Taylor. He's kinda small for a tackle, but at 6'3, 295 he'd be a decent guard. He was also a 4 year starter at TCU. He started all 48 games of his college career and being that he graduated from TCU, he's got to have brains. TCU is a tough school to get into academically.
    Whoever we draft is going to have to start next year.

It better be a CB or Clady.

I'm liking Talib or that guy down in Florida.

or a center....i keep forgetting that Waters doesn't necessarily HAVE to be locked into that Center's role.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

I thought Branden Albert was expected to go late first, early second round.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    As the days go by and the more ESPN and NFL Network I watch, the less likely I think it will be that we will get Jake Long. I watched both stations again this morning and John Clayton from ESPN and a guy from NFL Network BOTH said they think the likelyhood of Miami taking him goes up everyday!! Even though I felt like he was going to be gone by the #5 pick, I was trying to hold out hope that he might still be there. With all of the exposure this kid is getting, I now feel like the chances are virtually ZERO that he will be there when we pick!!! SUCKS!!!
    I've never thought he would be around at #5, so I didn't bother holding my breath.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast