View Poll Results: What to do with Jared Allen?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep him as the franchise player under a one-year contract.

1 5.26%
  • Sign him to a long-term deal for big bucks.

14 73.68%
  • Trade him while he has high trade value.

4 21.05%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vote on what do do with JA.

Sign him now. He could remain the focal point of our defense for years to come. Herm's "rebuilding" process should include a 25-year-old all pro and arguably best DE in the league. As for his off the field mistakes, EVERYONE makes them. Hopefully he's learned from them.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

sign him but....put in his contract that the queen and his lapdog willbe gone after next year.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

I will be the first to admit that I dont know a #&@^$*% thing about running a football organization. But at the end of the day this seems like a paint by numbers situation.

If you draft a player..... then he gets really good...... seems like then you pay him. or what the #^$& are we doing here.

Or maybe I think that because he was the one thing I found myself returning every sunday to watch during an 07 season where the top college teams in the nation would have been formidable opponents........

They should sign him.
    www.AAASportsMemorabilia.com
    Home of Great Sports Memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    I will be the first to admit that I dont know a #&@^$*% thing about running a football organization. But at the end of the day this seems like a paint by numbers situation.

If you draft a player..... then he gets really good...... seems like then you pay him. or what the #^$& are we doing here.

Or maybe I think that because he was the one thing I found myself returning every sunday to watch during an 07 season where the top college teams in the nation would have been formidable opponents........
    This is the problem I have with the organization at this point. Here we have an example of what Carl and Hermie want to do with the team, and they are treating this guy like crap. They have since they brought him in, they have never been fair with this guy. No wonder he wants out of KC.

I firmly believe that he is on the trade block, why else would you just tag him and then not talk to him about a long-term contract. I think they (the idiots in charge) think they can get a couple of picks for him. I fully expect to see a trade deal come through before the draft. Probably to someone like the Falcons.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

We have to sign this guy because if we don't i might fly back to KC and beat the living sh** out of Carl Peterosn.

Aren't we in the middle of "Rebuilding" why can't we get it together here? Just like royals said below this guy might be the best DE in the league! How is Herm not pushing to re sign this guy ASAP? And don't give me the BS about how we are taking our time in free agency and preparing for the draft blah blah. This guy is the heart and soul of our D right now and should continue to be for years to come. In my option he is worth far more than 2 draft picks.

If we lose JA I will no longer respect Edwards.

Bottom is this whole thing is bullsh** and I'd rather not talk about it right now.

:)
    Last edited by chief31; 03-19-2008 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Editting

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post

Maybe Carl is taking a play out of the Royals playbook here???

I mean, The Royals have been building talent for the rest of the league for years. Maybe now since JA is all pro they want to give him to a team that wants to win.

Just a thought.

What'd ya say we place the same poll here so that the Crowd can chime in?

They need to pay the man; he earned it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    What'd ya say we place the same poll here so that the Crowd can chime in?

They need to pay the man; he earned it!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast