Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest ESPN mock draft

Default Latest ESPN mock draft

The latest ESPN mock draft I saw this morning had Jake Long going to St Louis and the Chiefs taking DT Sedrick Ellis from USC.

I don't like the fact that these mocks I've seen (3 now) don't have the Chiefs taking an O lineman.

I did watch this kid Ellis play a bunch of games being he was in the Pac 10 and he is pretty disruptive as far as nose tackles go.
    Last edited by DrunkHillbilly; 03-27-2008 at 01:50 PM.

I agree.

What is the use of building up the defense even more if the O can't stay on the field?

The D is just gonna get tired late in the game/season.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I'm glad no one sees us reaching for a guy who should be drafted around pick ten just because he's a "team need." Our D-line could use some help in the middle as well. If J.Long isn't there, the Chiefs need to try and trade down if they're going to take an OT. Otherwise, they need to take the best DL available...or Gohlston(OLB/DL).

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'm glad no one sees us reaching for a guy who should be drafted around pick ten just because he's a "team need." Our D-line could use some help in the middle as well. If J.Long isn't there, the Chiefs need to try and trade down if they're going to take an OT. Otherwise, they need to take the best DL available...or Gohlston(OLB/DL).
    Believe it or not I agree with this!!!!! I really don't want to reach for a Clady, I also would like to trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Believe it or not I agree with this!!!!! I really don't want to reach for a Clady, I also would like to trade down.
    Well we better draft a kicker then, because the games are gonna be played to a 3-0 victory.

Geez...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Well we better draft a kicker then, because the games are gonna be played to a 3-0 victory.

Geez...
    I think there will be other O linemen available later in the draft. Maybe not a Long type but let's face it, how many Long types are actually in the NFL? Not many in my estimation and that's if he ends up being an absolute stud! There are a ton of serviceable lineman throughout the league and many of them are late round draft picks. If we traded down (if Long's not there) we could stand to get an outstanding player at a different position.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I think there will be other O linemen available later in the draft. Maybe not a Long type but let's face it, how many Long types are actually in the NFL? Not many in my estimation and that's if he ends up being an absolute stud! There are a ton of serviceable lineman throughout the league and many of them are late round draft picks. If we traded down (if Long's not there) we could stand to get an outstanding player at a different position.
    OK then, if McFadden is available we take him.

It stops anyone else from having him, and then after we prove how good he is, we trade him for Long.

From what I've heard Clady is moving up the board. He may not be a #5 choice but could be pretty solid.

I also agree and have agreed we should try to trade down if Long isn't available.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

I want to get McFadden, We need a kick returner and we need as much help in the backfield as we can get anyways - I say you go for the best player you can get at number 5. Remember last year when LJ went down , we got rid of Bennett, and the Priest got hurt, Kolby got dinged up. I know, I know The Oline need suring up . We have alot of picks this year and there are quite a few good o-lineman available. I doubt Herm would take a big name O-lineman anyway , It will be somebody he has instincts about that is under that radar. Thats the way he works.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    From what I've heard Clady is moving up the board. He may not be a #5 choice but could be pretty solid.

I also agree and have agreed we should try to trade down if Long isn't available.
    If we aren't taking an O lineman with the first pick we should take the best guy available on the board (besides Matt Ryan).

If McFadden is available we take him.

If he's gone we take the best CB available on the board. I don't care if he's been slotted as a number 10 or 15, we just take him dang it.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I want to get McFadden, We need a kick returner and we need as much help in the backfield as we can get anyways - I say you go for the best player you can get at number 5. Remember last year when LJ went down , we got rid of Bennett, and the Priest got hurt, Kolby got dinged up. I know, I know The Oline need suring up . We have alot of picks this year and there are quite a few good o-lineman available. I doubt Herm would take a big name O-lineman anyway , It will be somebody he has instincts about that is under that radar. Thats the way he works.

What he said!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast