Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peyton in heaven

Default Peyton in heaven

Peyton Manning, after living a full life, died.

When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Colts flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity, Peyton," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here." Peyton felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner.

It was a 3-story mansion with a Red and White and Black sidewalk, a 50-foot tall flagpole with an enormous Chiefs logo flag, and in every window, a Kansas City Chiefs towel.
    Peyton looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I hold many NFL
    records, and I even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said "So what's your point Peyton?"

"Well, why does Lary Johnson get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said: "Peyton, that's not LJ's house, it's mine."

GO CHIEFS!!!

A man dies and goes to hell. He works his first day breaking rocks in the fire, but does it without complaining. The devil comes to him at the end of the day and says "Isn't this work a little hard?". The man says "Well, I'm from KC. We're good people and we work hard. There is no need to complain." This aggravates the devil and he decides to turn up the heat on the man the next day. Day 2 - 100 degrees hotter, but the man breaks his rocks without complaint. The devil asks him at the end of the day "Isn't it a little hot in here?" The man says "Well, I'm from KC. We used to get some pretty hot summers.". The devil is now beside himself. He decides to freeze the man out and drops the temperature to about 150 below freezing. The man, to the devil's surprise, works all day singing and laughing. He finishes his rocks early and starts helping those around him. The devil is livid. He goes to him at the end of the day and says "I don't get it - did you have cold winters?!". The man says "Well, you see, we did have cold winters, but nothing like that." The devil says "So why aren't you complaining?" The man grins a grin a mile wide and says "If it's a cold day in hell, my Chiefs just won the SuperBowl!"
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    A man dies and goes to hell. He works his first day breaking rocks in the fire, but does it without complaining. The devil comes to him at the end of the day and says "Isn't this work a little hard?". The man says "Well, I'm from KC. We're good people and we work hard. There is no need to complain." This aggravates the devil and he decides to turn up the heat on the man the next day. Day 2 - 100 degrees hotter, but the man breaks his rocks without complaint. The devil asks him at the end of the day "Isn't it a little hot in here?" The man says "Well, I'm from KC. We used to get some pretty hot summers.". The devil is now beside himself. He decides to freeze the man out and drops the temperature to about 150 below freezing. The man, to the devil's surprise, works all day singing and laughing. He finishes his rocks early and starts helping those around him. The devil is livid. He goes to him at the end of the day and says "I don't get it - did you have cold winters?!". The man says "Well, you see, we did have cold winters, but nothing like that." The devil says "So why aren't you complaining?" The man grins a grin a mile wide and says "If it's a cold day in hell, my Chiefs just won the SuperBowl!"

Uuugh!
    LOL!
    I heard that one a couple of summers ago sitting in a barbers chair. The barber had to stop cutting hair for a moment so that I could laugh.

These are all classics! The one that started it ("That's not _____'s house, that's mine") is the ultimate...
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    These are all classics! The one that started it ("That's not _____'s house, that's mine") is the ultimate...

Yup! Totally awesome! :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12