Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: Get fired up!

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Get fired up!


    0 Not allowed!
    "We need to get fired up for the draft!" - hermhater





    "Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Rookies in the NFL have a much higher chance of suffering a career ending injury in just one game than other sports.

    How are they compensated if they never get the chance to shine?
    I believe that is part of Guru's point...they can get paid without ever doing anything. You are paying for potential rather than productivity.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I believe that is part of Guru's point...they can get paid without ever doing anything. You are paying for potential rather than productivity.
    I understand Guru's point, I'm arguing that the NFL shouldn't have a cap on rookies salaries because the nature of the game involves so much risk for the players that they should be compensated accordingly.

    Sort of like combat pay.

    If you put a rookie in the starting lineup they are much more likely to suffer injury than in other sports so they are taking as big a gamble as the owner for paying them.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I understand Guru's point, I'm arguing that the NFL shouldn't have a cap on rookies salaries because the nature of the game involves so much risk for the players that they should be compensated accordingly.

    Sort of like combat pay.

    If you put a rookie in the starting lineup they are much more likely to suffer injury than in other sports so they are taking as big a gamble as the owner for paying them.
    Again my solution of incentive based pay for rookies solves this...they should get paid if they start (pay for production) however the idea of rookies getting more than most of the veterans is the part Guru and I are taking issue with.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Again my solution of incentive based pay for rookies solves this...they should get paid if they start (pay for production) however the idea of rookies getting more than most of the veterans is the part Guru and I are taking issue with.
    Agreed.


    "Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Again my solution of incentive based pay for rookies solves this...they should get paid if they start (pay for production) however the idea of rookies getting more than most of the veterans is the part Guru and I are taking issue with.

    That works for me.

    If they don't play then they aren't gonna get injured (at least on the field0 and will have the ability to prove themselves.

    Does that mean we can't get fired up for the draft though?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    That works for me.

    If they don't play then they aren't gonna get injured (at least on the field0 and will have the ability to prove themselves.

    Does that mean we can't get fired up for the draft though?
    NO, GO CHIEFS!!!


    "Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    NO, GO CHIEFS!!!

    I like your spirit!

    GO CHIEFS!!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 447

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Nice spinning helmets!


  10. #29
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Nice spinning helmets!
    You are correct sir, those are nice spinning helmets.

    Did you notice whose helmets they belonged to?

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  11. #30
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 447

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You are correct sir, those are nice spinning helmets.

    Did you notice whose helmets they belonged to?

    No, for you see I am colored blind and too stupid to notice the Chiefs logo on the sides. :rolleyes:


Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •