Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Lito Shephard

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,708
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 48

    Default Lito Shephard


    0 Not allowed!
    PFT:
    A deal hasnít gone down, and the reason for it isnít clear. Though there likely has been haggling about the value of Sheppard, with the Eagles presumably wanting more than what any interested teams would want to sacrifice, the recent trade of cornerback DeAngelo Hall from the Falcons to the Raiders should help to frame the market.

    Hall generated a second-round pick in 2008 and a fifth-round pick in 2009. Sheppard generally is comparable to Hall, with Hall maybe being a half-notch above him.

    One way or another, the deal is likely to get done. As noted in the Charlotte Observer, by way of the Philadelphia Inquirer, talks could heat up during the league meetings in Palm Beach.
    ************************
    This could be something the Chiefs might want to consider. Perhaps sending a 3rd & 7th rounder to the Eagles this year and maybe a 5th or 6th in 2009 would be worth giving up for a sure fire CB this season.

    Drafting Dorsey/Ellis in the first, then maybe Cherilus or Baker in the 2nd would leave us with 3 definite starters to show from our first 3 draft picks. If you say that to ANY team in the league, they'll take it.

    ...or perhaps send Allen to Philly for Lito and their 1st and 5th rounder.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    PFT:
    A deal hasnít gone down, and the reason for it isnít clear. Though there likely has been haggling about the value of Sheppard, with the Eagles presumably wanting more than what any interested teams would want to sacrifice, the recent trade of cornerback DeAngelo Hall from the Falcons to the Raiders should help to frame the market.

    Hall generated a second-round pick in 2008 and a fifth-round pick in 2009. Sheppard generally is comparable to Hall, with Hall maybe being a half-notch above him.

    One way or another, the deal is likely to get done. As noted in the Charlotte Observer, by way of the Philadelphia Inquirer, talks could heat up during the league meetings in Palm Beach.
    ************************
    This could be something the Chiefs might want to consider. Perhaps sending a 3rd & 7th rounder to the Eagles this year and maybe a 5th or 6th in 2009 would be worth giving up for a sure fire CB this season.

    Drafting Dorsey/Ellis in the first, then maybe Cherilus or Baker in the 2nd would leave us with 3 definite starters to show from our first 3 draft picks. If you say that to ANY team in the league, they'll take it.

    ...or perhaps send Allen to Philly for Lito and their 1st and 5th rounder.
    Nothing is definite when you draft a player out of college. We have done pretty well with our first rounders since our mistake with Sims but you still never know what is going to happen until the player gets on the field.

    Saying that, the first scenario for Shepard sounds good. He's a little undersized but a proven shutdown corner. He's had some injuries as well but not as of recently.

    I've watched Ellis quite a bit down here and he's pretty good but I'd still rather have Dorsey.

    Of course, I don't agree with the Allen scenario. We have a top 3 DE in the league on our team and he's only 25. I wouldn't care what draft picks we got. Once again, none of the players coming out of college have proven themselves.


    "Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Jared is already pissed off at Carl and I worry about him leaving every day.

    Shephard is good, but I like who we got.

    By the way Texas sucked today and now I have no way to catch up in the group.

    Texas sucks!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Jared is already pissed off at Carl and I worry about him leaving every day.

    So do I but I still keep hope that we don't screw this thing up.

    Shephard is good, but I like who we got.

    By the way Texas sucked today and now I have no way to catch up in the group.

    Texas sucks!

    Who do you like at CB?

    1. Patrick Surtain - I don't like the fact that he's geriatric at his position. We paid him superstar money for an average job

    2. Tyron Brackenridge - I think he showed some flashes of brilliance. Is he a proven starter in the NFL?

    3. Dimitri Patterson - ?

    4. Rashad Barksdale - ?

    5. Chad Johnson - ?



    "Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Who do you like at CB?

    1. Patrick Surtain - I don't like the fact that he's geriatric at his position. We paid him superstar money for an average job

    2. Tyron Brackenridge - I think he showed some flashes of brilliance. Is he a proven starter in the NFL?

    3. Dimitri Patterson - ?

    4. Rashad Barksdale - ?

    5. Chad Johnson - ?

    I meant I would like to keep Jared rather than trade him for Lito.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I meant I would like to keep Jared rather than trade him for Lito.
    Oh yeah, me too.


    "Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    559
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

    ...or perhaps send Allen to Philly for Lito and their 1st and 5th rounder.

    ...After thinking about it...Id go for this...

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    ...After thinking about it...Id go for this...
    Then maybe you or Tex could explain this logic to me.

    If we are in a "rebuilding" process, why would you want to get rid one of your best young players?


    "Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,068
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Then maybe you or Tex could explain this logic to me.

    If we are in a "rebuilding" process, why would you want to get rid one of your best young players?
    the old saying "a bird in the hand..............."


  10. #10
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    415
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    At this point I have no reason at all to believe that the Chiefs will go after Lito. If they made no effort at young free agent talent cause of money. ie Gay, Samuel, Berrian. And then watched the Hall trade go down with no interest. There is no way they are going to go after a guy that wants a big contract (again the money thing) and lose draft picks in the process. They would have gone after hall or at least gotten in the mix if they had any intention.

    And in my opinion JA isnt going to get offered a contract until after the draft and the players are signed. From a business standpoint they gain nothing from signing him now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •