Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lito Shephard

Default Lito Shephard

PFT:
    A deal hasn’t gone down, and the reason for it isn’t clear. Though there likely has been haggling about the value of Sheppard, with the Eagles presumably wanting more than what any interested teams would want to sacrifice, the recent trade of cornerback DeAngelo Hall from the Falcons to the Raiders should help to frame the market.

Hall generated a second-round pick in 2008 and a fifth-round pick in 2009. Sheppard generally is comparable to Hall, with Hall maybe being a half-notch above him.

One way or another, the deal is likely to get done. As noted in the Charlotte Observer, by way of the Philadelphia Inquirer, talks could heat up during the league meetings in Palm Beach.
    This could be something the Chiefs might want to consider. Perhaps sending a 3rd & 7th rounder to the Eagles this year and maybe a 5th or 6th in 2009 would be worth giving up for a sure fire CB this season.

Drafting Dorsey/Ellis in the first, then maybe Cherilus or Baker in the 2nd would leave us with 3 definite starters to show from our first 3 draft picks. If you say that to ANY team in the league, they'll take it.

...or perhaps send Allen to Philly for Lito and their 1st and 5th rounder.

Without knowing Carl's intentions with Jared it's a moot point.

At some point Carl will come to terms with the fact that he needs to pay quality players to play here.

I can dream, right?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

i would take the lito shepard 1 round and 5 round for allen because the only problem with allen is he doesnt want to resigh with the chiefs so might as well get something from allen we could get long with the first pick ang with eagles we can get a wide recever or mybe another o line man and in the 2nd round a reciver

Quote Originally Posted by xxkourtneyxx View Post
    i would take the lito shepard 1 round and 5 round for allen because the only problem with allen is he doesnt want to resigh with the chiefs so might as well get something from allen we could get long with the first pick ang with eagles we can get a wide recever or mybe another o line man and in the 2nd round a reciver
    The NFL is a buisness, period. If we gave JA a good enough contract, he would stay. He's already made it known he loves KC, the fans, and the team.

FIRE CARL!!!

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by xxkourtneyxx View Post
    Do you have some insight here? All I have ever heard J.A. say is that he wants to be here, as long as he can get a deal done.

By the way, Welcome to the "Crowd".

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Do you have some insight here? All I have ever heard J.A. say is that he wants to be here, as long as he can get a deal done.

By the way, Welcome to the "Crowd".
    I thought I read that JA said he wouldn't want to stay in KC if he was given the Franchise tag.

Well we tagged him like friggin' sea turtle and now he's pissed.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I thought I read that JA said he wouldn't want to stay in KC if he was given the Franchise tag.

He hasn't played under the tag yet...I'd wager that if you sign him long-term before training camp, he'll be just fine.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    He hasn't played under the tag yet...I'd wager that if you sign him long-term before training camp, he'll be just fine.
    Wait until after we sign our rookies, he'll get a contract.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

I believe the stipulation was that if he plays the 08' season under the tag he wouldn't sign. We have until july for the deadline. I really think that everything is gonna pan out fine with him.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Oh yeah, me too.
    Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    At this point I have no reason at all to believe that the Chiefs will go after Lito. If they made no effort at young free agent talent cause of money. ie Gay, Samuel, Berrian. And then watched the Hall trade go down with no interest. There is no way they are going to go after a guy that wants a big contract (again the money thing) and lose draft picks in the process. They would have gone after hall or at least gotten in the mix if they had any intention.
    Young talent is where we are going, hope we find some!
    And in my opinion JA isnt going to get offered a contract until after the draft and the players are signed. From a business standpoint they gain nothing from signing him now.
    Ditto, but they better pay him well enought to stay, and enought incentives to keep playing like the beast he is!
    Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    The NFL is a buisness, period. If we gave JA a good enough contract, he would stay. He's already made it known he loves KC, the fans, and the team.

FIRE CARL!!!
    FIRE CARL!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

I hope he was just talking and posturing!

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    I believe the stipulation was that if he plays the 08' season under the tag he wouldn't sign. We have until july for the deadline. I really think that everything is gonna pan out fine with him.
    It had better be a good deal, we need Jared Allen!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12