Hybrid View

Default Chiefs sell naming rights to Arrowhead

Crap.

Horseface Arena.

Chiefs sell naming rights to Arrowhead

Dave Kaup - Getty

By WPI Staff

Posted Apr 1, 2008

With renovations at One Arrowhead Drive well underway, it will be months before the Chiefs’ stadium resembles its final form. But one piece of the puzzle is already complete – the new name.

Monday the Chiefs sold the naming rights to their stadium, which will no longer be known as Arrowhead. Elway’s Steakhouse, a popular restaurant in Colorado owned by former Broncos quarterback John Elway, placed the winning bid for the rights this past weekend. The deal will pay KC’s franchise $1 million per year for the next 10 years.

The orange Elway’s Steakhouse logo will replace the red Arrowhead and Chiefs logos that formerly adorned the backside of both stadium video boards. The new logo will also emblazon the coal bins distributed throughout the parking lot, an obvious move at reaching KC’s infamous tailgating demographic. In addition, the new logo will be seen throughout the stadium, including concession stands, where Elway’s Steakhouse fare will be offered exclusively in Kansas City.

“We were very pleased to reach a naming-rights agreement with the fine dining establishment of Elway’s Steakhouse over the weekend,” said a source within the Chiefs. “John Elway was a fierce competitor in the NFL for many years, especially with our own football team, and our fans recognize and respect his name. We also feel, with our rich history of pregame tailgating, that the Elway’s Steakhouse name will be a popular draw.”

Monday the company overseeing the renovations completed the facelift on both video boards. John Elway himself will attend this year’s home opener to christen Elway’s Steakhouse Stadium.

http://kan.scout.com/2/742410.html
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Thats not even a little bit funny.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    It's a dark day for Chiefs fans.

First we resign Lin Elliot and now this.

Crap.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I don't what ya'll do in Canada, but here stateside April 1st is known as april fools. Nice try though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I don't what ya'll do in Canada, but here stateside April 1st is known as april fools. Nice try though!!!
    Canada is a fool!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Canada is a fool!

There are somethings that are off limits when it comes to jokes. Associating Arrowhead and the horseface is one of them. Know where to draw the line man.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

There are somethings that are off limits when it comes to jokes. Associating Arrowhead and the horseface is one of them. Know where to draw the line man.
    Once again, I have to post that I totally agree.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I don't know what y'all do in the US, but in Canada our April Fools Day jokes are funny. Joking about renaming Arrowhead is not funny.

I agree. Can't stand that guy.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I agree. Can't stand that guy.
    HH, you don't need to explain your joke. If it didn't go over your head it definitely did not go over mine. It just wasn't funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast