8. Baltimore Ravens -- Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State

9. Cincinnati Bengals -- Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

10. New Orleans Saints -- Keith Rivers, OLB, USC

11. Buffalo Bills -- Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma

12. Denver Broncos -- Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh

13. Carolina Panthers -- Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida

14. Chicago Bears -- Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt

15. Detroit Lions -- Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois

16. Arizona Cardinals -- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee St.

17. Minnesota Vikings -- Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida

18. Houston Texans -- Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas

19. Philadelphia Eagles -- Branden Albert, G, Virginia

20. T.B. Buccaneers -- Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State

Can he help plug up our D line?

I don't want to get run over all season long again!

I would really like to get an O lineman at #5 so we could actually have an offense next year.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I think I'd be OK with getting Glenn Dorsey in the 1st rd and then following that up with Jeff Otah in the 2nd. I'd then take the best available CB in the 3rd, followed by more O-lineman help in the following rounds.

Dorsey's a solid pick. He'll take a lot of pressure off McBride and Tyler. I'd prefer an O-lineman in the first round.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

5. Kansas City Chiefs -- Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

Record: 4-12 | Needs: OT, CB, G, WR, QB, RB
    Previous mock selection: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    Jake Long has to be priority No. 1 for the Chiefs, but don't expect them to reach for a different offensive tackle with this pick if he is off the board. Dorsey is the type of impact defensive tackle the franchise has been missing for years. If Kansas City goes with Dorsey here, it can select an offensive tackle the caliber of USC's Sam Baker early in Round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    5. Kansas City Chiefs -- Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

Record: 4-12 | Needs: OT, CB, G, WR, QB, RB
    Previous mock selection: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    Jake Long has to be priority No. 1 for the Chiefs, but don't expect them to reach for a different offensive tackle with this pick if he is off the board. Dorsey is the type of impact defensive tackle the franchise has been missing for years. If Kansas City goes with Dorsey here, it can select an offensive tackle the caliber of USC's Sam Baker early in Round 2.
    I know this wasn't your Mock Draft, but is Dorsey the guy you want to go for?

I like him, but hope he doesn't turn out to be a bust.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I know this wasn't your Mock Draft, but is Dorsey the guy you want to go for?

I like him, but hope he doesn't turn out to be a bust.
    Well, if I had my choice I would obviously take Long but I will tell you that I would take a chance on Dorsey before I would take Clady. Just as I have been saying and apparently this guy agrees, I don't want to reach for an O lineman when there is this kind of talent on the board. The latest on his health is that he is perfectly fine. Who knows about this? Ultimately I wopuld prefer to trade the pick but if they are dead set on picking at 5, I think they could do a lot worse than Dorsey. JMO.

Well, if I had my choice I would obviously take Long but I will tell you that I would take a chance on Dorsey before I would take Clady. Just as I have been saying and apparently this guy agrees, I don't want to reach for an O lineman when there is this kind of talent on the board. The latest on his health is that he is perfectly fine. Who knows about this? Ultimately I wopuld prefer to trade the pick but if they are dead set on picking at 5, I think they could do a lot worse than Dorsey. JMO.
    I'm still torn between Clady or BPA at #5.

Who knows maybe the draft will get shaken up like a few years ago when Houston took Williams.

Stranger things have happened, we could still get Jake.

I have come to terms with Jake not being available at the #5 pick. But I think that is fine because of the depth at LT in this draft. There will be good LT's available when the Chiefs pick in the 2nd rd. So I say get the best player available with this pick. If Dorsey is available or any other player of that caliber, then I hope they don't trade the pick. It's not often that you get a chance to take a top 5 player. Of course, with Herm as the coach, it might start happening more often.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4425

check this out...

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast