Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Good

Default Not Good

The news of Will Shields retirement is not good news at all for the Chiefs.
    In the upcoming draft, the Chiefs were going to replace Willie Roaf with a proven Tackle in the first or second round. Now we have to get a tackle and a guard early instead of taking that Defensive Tackle that we desperetely need. Here's how the first three picks should go.

1. WR: Dwayne Bowe, Ted Ginn, Robert Meachem or Dwayne Jarrett

2. T: Tony Ugoh (If the Chiefs get him the first two picks will be amazing), Ryan Harris, G: Josh Beekman, Arron Sears (Longshot) or Marshal Yanda.

3. G: Manuel Ramirez T: Doug Free, Mike Otto, James Marten

Actually, I think the tackles need to come first. JMHO

no way WR is first. Hermie doesn't like them in the first round. It's a lineman, one side or the other...

What are the odds of the Mexican football player they signed several months back getting on the field?
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

[quote=stlchief71;6492]no way WR is first. Hermie doesn't like them in the first round. It's a lineman, one side or the other...

What are the odds of the Mexican football player they signed several months back getting on the field?[/quote]

Good question. Haven't heard anything and may not until training camp, but to speculate (which is what we all do so well) if he were healthy wouldn't he be overseas playing ball in NFLE?

Honestly, I think it was more about posturing by Carl Peterson for one of those first regular season games to be played in Europe. If I recall correctly, this about the same time the Chiefs signed the kid from Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Actually, I think the tackles need to come first. JMHO
    I thought the concern with LT was put to bed with the signing of Damion McIntosh? RT Chris Terry is somewhat undersized, but his quickness seems to be a plus. But yes, upgrading the tackle positions would be nice but not sure if this should happen until day two of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    I thought the concern with LT was put to bed with the signing of Damion McIntosh? RT Chris Terry is somewhat undersized, but his quickness seems to be a plus. But yes, upgrading the tackle positions would be nice but not sure if this should happen until day two of the draft.

Your right; I meant Gaurd and Tackle actually. You are right though they have addressed the Tackle situation in principle.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 04-17-2007 at 01:17 AM.

I read that Brian Waters might be moved to center. If this could be in the works, I'm wondering if the Chiefs might consider FA LG Kendyl Jacox?

Jacox was a linemate of McIntosh's last season in Miami, they also started their NFL careers together in San Diego and prior to that, were college teammates at Kansas State. Jacox has been a backup for most for his career, but is a solid and well built player (6-2 325).

Now I'm not that much in favor of adding older veterans, but it might be necessary to assist with the transition over to younger talent...if drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    I read that Brian Waters might be moved to center. If this could be in the works, I'm wondering if the Chiefs might consider FA LG Kendyl Jacox?

Jacox was a linemate of McIntosh's last season in Miami, they also started their NFL careers together in San Diego and prior to that, were college teammates at Kansas State. Jacox has been a backup for most for his career, but is a solid and well built player (6-2 325).

Now I'm not that much in favor of adding older veterans, but it might be necessary to assist with the transition over to younger talent...if drafted.

It would make some sense; they obviously work well with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    It would make some sense; they obviously work well with each other.
    I'm sorry, when has a Dolphins O-line worked well, together?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I'm sorry, when has a Dolphins O-line worked well, together?

I have no idea; didn't follow the Dolphins much in recent years. I was merely talking about the extensive history the two offensive linemen being talked about have with each other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast