Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.

Default Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.

He only had one sack allowed last year, and no holding penalties he entire career.

Gholston was the only guy that got around him.

We can still get this guy.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

As a pretty much unbiased spectator in this case I have to say Herm is mediocre at very best. Learning from one's mistakes is a true virtue in life. And I agree with TC that one has to make some mistakes to learn. However repeating the same mistakes (like time management or play calling from the doldrums) is not LEARNING!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I'm not sure. But as soon as someone points out Herms losing record as a head caoch....
    What about his press conferences where he actually speaks and proves he's an idiot?

Should I bring up the comparison of Drummond with a Volkswagen?

Herm has a losing record since he sucked it up last year.

I hope he can turn things around though!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    As a pretty much unbiased spectator in this case I have to say Herm is mediocre at very best. Learning from one's mistakes is a true virtue in life. And I agree with TC that one has to make some mistakes to learn. However repeating the same mistakes (like time management or play calling from the doldrums) is not LEARNING!!!
    Better than neutral spot is not unbiased.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Again...turn the mentality...ON. That is why I said "pretty much unbiased" as opposed to "completely unbiased".

This is why Canada and I both doubt you will ever post anything that will "make you cool". Read, understand and then POST.

You might not post as fast,
    but you won't post like an A$$.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

At some point it boils down to luck.

Herm has neither skill or luck on his side.
    What about his press conferences where he actually speaks and proves he's an idiot?

Should I bring up the comparison of Drummond with a Volkswagen?

Herm has a losing record since he sucked it up last year.

I hope he can turn things around though!

Again...turn the mentality...ON. That is why I said "pretty much unbiased" as opposed to "completely unbiased".

This is why Canada and I both doubt you will ever post anything that will "make you cool". Read, understand and then POST.

You might not post as fast,
    but you won't post like an A$$.
    Sorry Boss!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Go back and read the thread. I just said i DON'T think Gholston will be the best DE in the league. I think he'll be good and a great compliment to Allen if we decide to draft him. But what i'm saying is that Gholston IS NOT the greatest DE. Long will be seeing much better DEs in the league and will probably be allowing sacks to NFL quality pass rushers....like Gholston.

I don't know much about Michigan football. How many NFL quality pass rushers did he face during the season? If we can look at how he did against those players, then we can get a glimpse at how he will fare against NFL DE's.
    Nobody here said Gholston will be the best or an even above avg DE in the NFL. The fact is that many players that dominated in college struggle in the NFL. You act like he played at Southwestern Illiinois State or something!!! He played at one of the largest most predominate football schools in the country!!!! There schedule may have not been as tough this year but I don't care what league your in, when you are only called for 1 holding penalty and only allow 1 sack the entire season, your considered the best at your position. What will you say if Miami takes him at #1?? Bust??

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Nobody here said Gholston will be the best or an even above avg DE in the NFL. The fact is that many players that dominated in college struggle in the NFL. You act like he played at Southwestern Illiinois State or something!!! He played at one of the largest most predominate football schools in the country!!!! There schedule may have not been as tough this year but I don't care what league your in, when you are only called for 1 holding penalty and only allow 1 sack the entire season, your considered the best at your position. What will you say if Miami takes him at #1?? Bust??
    Just because he'd be taken #1 instead of #5 or #10 etc...doesn't make him any less of a risk. Any OT taken in the top 5 had better turn out to be an unquestioned LT. If Long ends up on the right side, which has been speculated that he might, then yes, i'd consider Miami taking him #1 as a bust.....easily. When you're talking about OL in the top 5, they'd better be super studs like Roaf and Pace. It's JUST MY OPINION, but Long doesn't look like that kind of player to me.

Just because he'd be taken #1 instead of #5 or #10 etc...doesn't make him any less of a risk. Any OT taken in the top 5 had better turn out to be an unquestioned LT. If Long ends up on the right side, which has been speculated that he might, then yes, i'd consider Miami taking him #1 as a bust.....easily. When you're talking about OL in the top 5, they'd better be super studs like Roaf and Pace. It's JUST MY OPINION, but Long doesn't look like that kind of player to me.
    You're opinion is highly respected so this might be on ESPN tomorrow.

I doubt it....they stupid things like the 8th best athlete in the draft will be taken 1st.

I doubt it....they stupid things like the 8th best athlete in the draft will be taken 1st.
    Is taking the best player available better than filling team needs?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast