Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.

Default Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.

He only had one sack allowed last year, and no holding penalties he entire career.

Gholston was the only guy that got around him.

We can still get this guy.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Is taking the best player available better than filling team needs?
    Depends on your team. If your the Dolphins, you take the best player available because more than likely, that player will fill a need. Out of the top 8 or so players available to the Fins, only DMac wouldn't be a need at his position with Brown and Williams coming back....so, in their case, yes....because they have more than one need.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Depends on your team. If your the Dolphins, you take the best player available because more than likely, that player will fill a need. Out of the top 8 or so players available to the Fins, only DMac wouldn't be a need at his position with Brown and Williams coming back....so, in their case, yes....because they have more than one need.

You use the team with the first pick in the draft.

Then you use the best glamor position (besides QB) to make your point.

McFadden to Miami?

That won't happen the Tuna is in Miami now.
    Last edited by hermhater; 04-07-2008 at 01:56 AM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

You use the team with the first pick in the draft.

Then you use the best glamor position (besides QB) to make your point.

McFadden to Miami?

That won't happen the Tuna is in Miami now.

The #1 team was the example chosen.
    Look at the top 8 prospects:
    McFadden
    C. Long
    Ryan
    Dorsey
    Ellis
    Gholston
    J. Long
    Leodis McKelvin

.....other than McFadden, which player on that list would be a backup on Miami to start the season?

...and of course it won't happen....they don't have a need there currently. but if you think OT is the only need Miami has, you're delusional.

If i were going to start rebuilding a team, I'd want to start on defense....i know, shocking. I'd take C. Long or Gholston. Some cornerstone defensive player i could build my defense around for years to come.

Look at the Cowboys... which side of the ball are all their first round picks going to? 8 of thier last 10 went to defense. Parcells went CB, RB, DE, LB, DE with the Cowboys....do you really think he's going OLine with his first pick in Miami? It's C. Long or Gholston...PERHAPS even Dorsey, but i doubt it.

If we were get J. Long, it is not written in stone that he goes to LT. Mayock has him being a pro bowl RT, saying he has "a little trouble with speed on the outside". I bet we take Ellis or Dorsey if available at this spot. With the front D-line "shored" up like that, Hali( it's time he breaks out-staying healthy) and Allen will hard to stop!!Just an opinion

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    If we were get J. Long, it is not written in stone that he goes to LT. Mayock has him being a pro bowl RT, saying he has "a little trouble with speed on the outside". I bet we take Ellis or Dorsey if available at this spot. With the front D-line "shored" up like that, Hali( it's time he breaks out-staying healthy) and Allen will hard to stop!!Just an opinion
    I'll agree with that.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

If we get Long he will start at LT.

Bet on it.

If we get Long he will start at LT.

Bet on it.
    I'll agree with that too.

Anyone tired of talking about what we "may" do? Let's get this over with so we can talk about what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Anyone tired of talking about what we "may" do? Let's get this over with so we can talk about what we have.

That's why I'm posting threads about someone named Iona Knipl.

That's why I'm posting threads about someone named Iona Knipl.

Seriously man, I read these scouts and post some of this stuff on here. Some of it sounds good, some bad. In the end it doesn't matter. What matters is our opinion on what CP and Herm actually do. If we like the picks and the picks result in our team winning, then that's great. If we don't like the picks and our team continues to have losing seasons because of poor decision making, maybe us as fans can put enough pressure on the ownership to get someone else in the front office. Because what it all boils down to is us. There is no business without us.

That is all and I'm done until after the draft.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast