Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 98

Thread: Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.


    0 Not allowed!
    He only had one sack allowed last year, and no holding penalties he entire career.

    Gholston was the only guy that got around him.

    We can still get this guy.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  2. #71
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Funny you say that. I was listening to NFL radio on Sirius the other day, and they weren't real high on Jake Long. The big knock against him is that he ends up on the ground a lot. Balance issues. They didn't have him rated has the highest OL in the draft. It made me start thinking about the videos I've watched of Jake like the one on the homepage. Jake ends up on the ground in half of the highlights against Florida. Scared me a little.


    The Big 10 gets great players. Especially lineman. The knock against the Big 10 is the style of football and the speed of the players. It's never been the size. Jake will be a good lineman for whomever gets him. The question is whether he is a good pick at #5 in a draft that has loads on OL talent. I'm starting to think the Chiefs could take QB Ryan or DT Sedrick Ellis and grab an OL in the 2nd & 3rd rds. I'm sure Herm would love to take a defensive player first.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt3x9VPkVfY"]YouTube - Carlos Mencia - The Dee Dee Dee Song[/ame]

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  3. #72
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I'm usually the one gloating!!!!! LOL!!!!
    Are you bragging about being on the same page as Herm and Carl?? :p
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  4. #73
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If Jake can give Brodie even 1 more second in the pocket he is worth every bit of the 5th pick!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  5. #74
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,068
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    If Jake can give Brodie even 1 more second in the pocket he is worth every bit of the 5th pick!

    sure he is...he just will not be there. wish he would be, it's time to face the facts. I'd wager Miami takes him first overall


  6. #75
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,839
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    sure he is...he just will not be there. wish he would be, it's time to face the facts. I'd wager Miami takes him first overall
    Hmmm...I'm betting against that one. I put Parcells and company on the other Long. I am starting to think that St Louis is the team that will take Jake Long.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  7. #76
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    sure he is...he just will not be there. wish he would be, it's time to face the facts. I'd wager Miami takes him first overall
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Hmmm...I'm betting against that one. I put Parcells and company on the other Long. I am starting to think that St Louis is the team that will take Jake Long.

    I think it's gonna be St Louis that takes Jake too, although I'm not sold on Miami taking the other long.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  8. #77
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,708
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 48

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I think it's gonna be St Louis that takes Jake too, although I'm not sold on Miami taking the other long.
    Parcells loves to build around DEs. C. Long will go number one. I think the Rams will wait to draft an OT till the 2nd. They don't NEED to replace Pace RIGHT NOW. Atlanta will go Matt Ryan and the Raiders will go Dorsey/Ellis or DMac. I'd be willing to bet Jake falls to us.

  9. #78
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Parcells loves to build around DEs. C. Long will go number one. I think the Rams will wait to draft an OT till the 2nd. They don't NEED to replace Pace RIGHT NOW. Atlanta will go Matt Ryan and the Raiders will go Dorsey/Ellis or DMac. I'd be willing to bet Jake falls to us.
    Hmmm...

    I'm still thinking Ryan will be available when we draft and Herm will take him.

    Carl will succumb to pressure and take the glamor position.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  10. #79
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,708
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 48

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    There are too many QBs in this draft to take one at #5. The talent differential isn't THAT big between Ryan and a second round pick to warrant that kind of pick. I honestly think you'll see Ryan fall to Baltimore. His talent level doesn't warrant a top 5 pick. Perhaps top 10, but not top 5.

  11. #80
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    There are too many QBs in this draft to take one at #5. The talent differential isn't THAT big between Ryan and a second round pick to warrant that kind of pick. I honestly think you'll see Ryan fall to Baltimore. His talent level doesn't warrant a top 5 pick. Perhaps top 10, but not top 5.
    I don't think we should draft the guy, I think Carl will do it though.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •