Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 98

Thread: Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.


    0 Not allowed!
    He only had one sack allowed last year, and no holding penalties he entire career.

    Gholston was the only guy that got around him.

    We can still get this guy.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  2. #81
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I don't think we should draft the guy, I think Carl will do it though.
    there's no way. i know you want him and Herm fired, but it's not going to happen.

  3. #82
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    there's no way. i know you want him and Herm fired, but it's not going to happen.
    Do you think they will trade our 5th for more picks?

    If so what is it worth?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  4. #83
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Do you think they will trade our 5th for more picks?

    If so what is it worth?
    our pick is worth 1700 pts.

    In perspective, the Bears, who pick 14th, their pick is worth 1100. So, if they wanted to trade up, they'd have to give us their first rounder plus more picks to equal that 1700 pt. total for it to be a good deal. I already did this scenario on my mock draft.

    We acquired their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th rounder for our 1st, 4th and 2nd 6th rounder. We had to give up picks to make the points work out correctly. The farther down we trade, the more picks we will accumulate.

    **all assuming no current players are involved.

  5. #84
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Draft Trade Chart
    1stRD 2ndRD 3rdRD 4thRD 5th RD 6thRD 7th RD
    1 3,000 33 580 65 265 97 112 129 43 161 27 193 14.2
    2 2,600 34 560 66 260 98 108 130 42 162 26.6 194 13.8
    3 2,200 35 550 67 255 99 104 131 41 163 26.2 195 13.4
    4 1,800 36 540 68 250 100 100 132 40 164 25.8 196 13
    5 1,700 37 530 69 245 101 96 133 39.5 165 25.4 197 12.6
    6 1,600 38 520 70 240 102 92 134 39 166 25 198 12.2
    7 1,500 39 510 71 235 103 88 135 38.5 167 24.6 199 11.8
    8 1,400 40 500 72 230 104 86 136 38 168 24.2 200 11.4
    9 1,350 41 490 73 225 105 84 137 37.5 169 23.8 201 11
    10 1,300 42 480 74 220 106 82 138 37 170 23.4 202 10.6
    11 1,250 43 470 75 215 107 80 139 36.5 171 23 203 10.2
    12 1,200 44 460 76 210 108 78 140 36 172 22.6 204 9.8
    13 1,150 45 450 77 205 109 76 141 35.5 173 22.2 205 9.4
    14 1,100 46 440 78 200 110 74 142 35 174 21.8 206 9
    15 1,050 47 430 79 195 111 72 143 34.5 175 21.4 207 8.6
    16 1,000 48 420 80 190 112 70 144 34 176 21 208 8.2
    17 950 49 410 81 185 113 68 145 33.5 177 20.6 209 7.8
    18 900 50 400 82 180 114 66 146 33 178 20.2 210 7.4
    19 875 51 390 83 175 115 64 147 32.6 179 19.8 211 7
    20 850 52 380 84 170 116 62 148 32.2 180 19.4 212 6.6
    21 800 53 370 85 165 117 60 149 31.8 181 19 213 6.2
    22 780 54 360 86 160 118 58 150 31.4 182 18.6 214 5.8
    23 760 55 350 87 155 119 56 151 31 183 18.2 215 5.4
    24 740 56 340 88 150 120 54 152 30.6 184 17.8 216 5
    25 720 57 330 89 145 121 52 153 30.2 185 17.4 217 4.6
    26 700 58 320 90 140 122 50 154 29.8 186 17 218 4.2
    27 680 59 310 91 136 123 49 155 29.4 187 16.6 219 3.8
    28 660 60 300 92 132 124 48 156 29 188 16.2 220 3.4
    29 640 61 292 93 128 125 47 157 28.6 189 15.8 221 3
    30 620 62 284 94 124 126 46 158 28.2 190 15.4 222 2.6
    31 600 63 276 95 120 127 45 159 27.8 191 15 223 2.3
    32 590 64 270 96 116 128 44 160 27.4 192 14.6 224 2
    Last edited by texaschief; 04-09-2008 at 05:19 PM.

  6. #85
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,301
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I don't know about all of the points. But I won't be surprised to see the Chiefs use the 1st round pick on a defensive player. Even if J Long is still on the board.


  7. #86
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I don't know about all of the points. But I won't be surprised to see the Chiefs use the 1st round pick on a defensive player. Even if J Long is still on the board.
    Dolphins negotiating for Jake Long as No. 1 pick


    BY JEFF DARLINGTON

    jdarlington@MiamiHerald.com

    The Miami Dolphins could soon be off the clock.
    The Dolphins have formally begun contract negotiations with agent Tom Condon about the prospect of selecting former Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long as the first overall selection in this year's draft.
    Condon, who also represents Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan, was in South Florida early this week to negotiate specifically on behalf of Long at the request of the team, The Miami Herald has learned.
    The Dolphins would like to have a contract in place with their first pick before the draft on April 26, which would allow them to avoid a potentially ugly holdout like the one that took place in Oakland last year upon the Raiders' selection of quarterback JaMarcus Russell.
    Miami is still intrigued by Virginia defensive end Chris Long, but no in-person talks between Chris Long's agent and Miami are believed to have taken place to date. However, the Dolphins are believed to be happy with quarterback John Beck, and they are not considering Ryan as an option with the first pick.
    The latest meeting between Condon and the team doesn't necessarily mean the Dolphins have made their final decision to select Jake Long over Chris Long, but it is certainly a major step in that direction.
    By selecting Jake Long, the Dolphins would fill a gaping hole along their offensive line. Vernon Carey is currently slated as the starter at left tackle, but selecting Jake Long would potentially allow the team to move Carey back to his more natural position on the right side of the line.



    Looks like we might already know who will be the #1 pick.


    "Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

  8. #87
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,301
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Dolphins negotiating for Jake Long as No. 1 pick


    BY JEFF DARLINGTON

    jdarlington@MiamiHerald.com

    The Miami Dolphins could soon be off the clock.
    The Dolphins have formally begun contract negotiations with agent Tom Condon about the prospect of selecting former Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long as the first overall selection in this year's draft.
    Condon, who also represents Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan, was in South Florida early this week to negotiate specifically on behalf of Long at the request of the team, The Miami Herald has learned.
    The Dolphins would like to have a contract in place with their first pick before the draft on April 26, which would allow them to avoid a potentially ugly holdout like the one that took place in Oakland last year upon the Raiders' selection of quarterback JaMarcus Russell.
    Miami is still intrigued by Virginia defensive end Chris Long, but no in-person talks between Chris Long's agent and Miami are believed to have taken place to date. However, the Dolphins are believed to be happy with quarterback John Beck, and they are not considering Ryan as an option with the first pick.
    The latest meeting between Condon and the team doesn't necessarily mean the Dolphins have made their final decision to select Jake Long over Chris Long, but it is certainly a major step in that direction.
    By selecting Jake Long, the Dolphins would fill a gaping hole along their offensive line. Vernon Carey is currently slated as the starter at left tackle, but selecting Jake Long would potentially allow the team to move Carey back to his more natural position on the right side of the line.



    Looks like we might already know who will be the #1 pick.
    Interesting. It would be helpful to know what the 1st pick will be. In that scenario, I think we could see something like this:
    2. STL - Chris Long
    3. ATL - Matt Ryan
    4. OAK - Darren McFadden
    5. KC - Glenn Dorsey


  9. #88
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,124
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 447

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I don't know about all of the points. But I won't be surprised to see the Chiefs use the 1st round pick on a defensive player. Even if J Long is still on the board.
    Same here; although I don't look for Long to be on the board that long.


  10. #89
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Same here; although I don't look for Long to be on the board that long.
    which long? C Long?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  11. #90
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    which long? C Long?


    You're on a roll today, eh?



    Funny stuff...

    Well once we hear about the contract getting all wrapped up we won't have to have this discussion about Jake anymore.

    Keep us posted royals, and
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •