Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.

Default Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.

He only had one sack allowed last year, and no holding penalties he entire career.

Gholston was the only guy that got around him.

We can still get this guy.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

1-Vernon Gholston- Ohio State
    4-Derrick Harvey- Florida
    8-Jason Jones- Penn St.

Assuming Harvey and Jones rushed from Long's side, that only gives him experience against 3 NFL quality pass rushers from last season. Of course he's not going to have penalties or allow sacks when he's facing minimal talent.

I'm sorry, but when he's facing:
    App. St.
    Notre Dame
    Purdue
    Northwestern
    Eastern Michigan
    Minnesota

Those schools just don't ring "top talent" to me.

It's what he does against quality talent that you need to look at when analyzing J. Long's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    1-Vernon Gholston- Ohio State
    4-Derrick Harvey- Florida
    8-Jason Jones- Penn St.

Assuming Harvey and Jones rushed from Long's side, that only gives him experience against 3 NFL quality pass rushers from last season. Of course he's not going to have penalties or allow sacks when he's facing minimal talent.

I'm sorry, but when he's facing:
    App. St.
    Notre Dame
    Purdue
    Northwestern
    Eastern Michigan
    Minnesota

Those schools just don't ring "top talent" to me.

It's what he does against quality talent that you need to look at when analyzing J. Long's performance.

He won't be available so it's a moot point.

Let's see what the Rams do.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

If multi-sack games are so common, how come the "best DE in the NFL," Jared Allen only posted 15.5 sacks in 14 games last season? So, either Gholston will be the best DE in the league at 16 sacks a season or J. Long isn't all he's cracked up to be. You can't have it both ways.

Personally, i don't thing Gholston will be the best DE in the league, therefore; J. Long would have his hands full with some of the better DE's in the game...Like Merriman to name one in our own division.
    Can't have it both ways?!?!? The man allowed one sack. Period. He isn't from some division II school or anything. So, one play, during the course of an entire season, he made one mistake, and you are gonna jump all over that????

And yet you do nothing but cover up a career full of mistakes by Herm.

You should try to veil your bias at least a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Can't have it both ways?!?!? The man allowed one sack. Period. He isn't from some division II school or anything. So, one play, during the course of an entire season, he made one mistake, and you are gonna jump all over that????

no, but it's not like he played in a good conference the past couple years or played against top competition. Neither did Clady in the WAC. I'd be much more comfortable drafting the best OT from the SEC. Someone who saw NFL talent week in and week out. At least then you'd see some sort of track record.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Somehow Herm has been made the leader of our great team.

I will not stand this bias you have for our leader!

Why would i try to cover up his mistakes? That's how you learn. You learn from your mistakes. Why do you think there's such a premium on players and coaches who have "experience?" They've already made and learned from their mistakes and know not to repeat them.

Believe it or not, 8 years isn't a whole lot of experience as a head coach. I know it's hard for y'all to believe because this isn't a very patient society we live in.

Why would i try to cover up his mistakes? That's how you learn. You learn from your mistakes. Why do you think there's such a premium on players and coaches who have "experience?" They've already made and learned from their mistakes and know not to repeat them.

Believe it or not, 8 years isn't a whole lot of experience as a head coach. I know it's hard for y'all to believe because this isn't a very patient society we live in.
    At some point it boils down to luck.

Herm has neither skill or luck on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    At some point it boils down to luck.

Herm has neither skill or luck on his side.
    ....he has no skill, but yet, your MVP, Jared Allen would say otherwise considering Herm and his coaching staff are the only reasons why we would want to play here.

....he has no skill, but yet, your MVP, Jared Allen would say otherwise considering Herm and his coaching staff are the only reasons why we would want to play here.

If Herm had skill he would still be playing!

I'm not sure. But as soon as someone points out Herms losing record as a head caoch, or any other form of criticism against Herm.... Here comes TC to Herms rescue.
    Last edited by chief31; 04-04-2008 at 04:07 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast