Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.

Default Jake Long is on Jim Rome right now.

He only had one sack allowed last year, and no holding penalties he entire career.

Gholston was the only guy that got around him.

We can still get this guy.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

The problem with your logic is that whoever here guesses what the organization will do gets to gloat over the rest of us.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    The problem with your logic is that whoever here guesses what the organization will do gets to gloat over the rest of us.

Ahhhhh... everything is becoming much clearer.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post

I'm usually the one gloating!!!!! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I'm usually the one gloating!!!!! LOL!!!!
    Sure you are...

:rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post

You have to take everything HH says with a grain of salt...A HUGE grain of salt...like a cow lick.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    You have to take everything HH says with a grain of salt...A HUGE grain of salt...like a cow lick.
    You mean like this?

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You mean like this?

Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I have this feeling that someone is going to get really burnt by taking this guy in the top 5. I just hope it's not us.
    Funny you say that. I was listening to NFL radio on Sirius the other day, and they weren't real high on Jake Long. The big knock against him is that he ends up on the ground a lot. Balance issues. They didn't have him rated has the highest OL in the draft. It made me start thinking about the videos I've watched of Jake like the one on the homepage. Jake ends up on the ground in half of the highlights against Florida. Scared me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

I don't know much about Michigan football. How many NFL quality pass rushers did he face during the season? If we can look at how he did against those players, then we can get a glimpse at how he will fare against NFL DE's.
    The Big 10 gets great players. Especially lineman. The knock against the Big 10 is the style of football and the speed of the players. It's never been the size. Jake will be a good lineman for whomever gets him. The question is whether he is a good pick at #5 in a draft that has loads on OL talent. I'm starting to think the Chiefs could take QB Ryan or DT Sedrick Ellis and grab an OL in the 2nd & 3rd rds. I'm sure Herm would love to take a defensive player first.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Funny you say that. I was listening to NFL radio on Sirius the other day, and they weren't real high on Jake Long. The big knock against him is that he ends up on the ground a lot. Balance issues. They didn't have him rated has the highest OL in the draft. It made me start thinking about the videos I've watched of Jake like the one on the homepage. Jake ends up on the ground in half of the highlights against Florida. Scared me a little.

The Big 10 gets great players. Especially lineman. The knock against the Big 10 is the style of football and the speed of the players. It's never been the size. Jake will be a good lineman for whomever gets him. The question is whether he is a good pick at #5 in a draft that has loads on OL talent. I'm starting to think the Chiefs could take QB Ryan or DT Sedrick Ellis and grab an OL in the 2nd & 3rd rds. I'm sure Herm would love to take a defensive player first.
    I'm afraid you may be right about Herm.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    If we were get J. Long, it is not written in stone that he goes to LT. Mayock has him being a pro bowl RT, saying he has "a little trouble with speed on the outside". I bet we take Ellis or Dorsey if available at this spot. With the front D-line "shored" up like that, Hali( it's time he breaks out-staying healthy) and Allen will hard to stop!!Just an opinion
    Mayock is a DEE-DEE-DEE!

He had a little trouble with the speed-rush, for one play in '07.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast