Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Red...

Default Hey Red...

This is for you for offering me that horrible trade.

April 10, 2008
    San Francisco Giants Band Together To Score Run

MILWAUKEE—The San Francisco Giants put aside their differences Sunday night, working together as a team in a common effort to score a run in a baseball game. The scrappy nine-man crew overcame daunting odds to cobble together the run, as each player used his individual strengths and skills to help string together an unlikely series of events—including a walk, advancement on a wild pitch, an infield single, and perhaps most selfless of all, a ground into double play—that ultimately resulted in a Giant crossing home plate. "This just shows you what a team can do when they put their mind to it," said Giants first-baseman Dan Ortmier, who was swarmed by his celebrating teammates at home plate after scoring the run. The Giants lost to the Brewers 12-1.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Is that the first run they've got all year???
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Is that the first run they've got all year???
    Might as well be.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I can't open with IE. I don't have firefox at work!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I can't open with IE. I don't have firefox at work!!
    It doesn't work with IE?

Nope
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

This is for you for offering me that horrible trade.

April 10, 2008
    San Francisco Giants Band Together To Score Run

MILWAUKEE—The San Francisco Giants put aside their differences Sunday night, working together as a team in a common effort to score a run in a baseball game. The scrappy nine-man crew overcame daunting odds to cobble together the run, as each player used his individual strengths and skills to help string together an unlikely series of events—including a walk, advancement on a wild pitch, an infield single, and perhaps most selfless of all, a ground into double play—that ultimately resulted in a Giant crossing home plate. "This just shows you what a team can do when they put their mind to it," said Giants first-baseman Dan Ortmier, who was swarmed by his celebrating teammates at home plate after scoring the run. The Giants lost to the Brewers 12-1.
    Royals,

I offered you the same trade I had just completed in one of my other leagues. I agree that Victor Martinez is better than the other players, but offered you 3 players for 2, and with Victor being ice cold, the guy in the other league gave up on him. It was meant as a starting point for negotiations, but obviously didn't work.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Royals,

I offered you the same trade I had just completed in one of my other leagues. I agree that Victor Martinez is better than the other players, but offered you 3 players for 2, and with Victor being ice cold, the guy in the other league gave up on him. It was meant as a starting point for negotiations, but obviously didn't work.
    Got it. I didn't counter offer because I didn't know what kind of talent you would give up considering the initial offer. You and I both know Martinez WILL heat up. I also don't give up arguably one of the top ten pitchers in the majors for nothing.

Got it. I didn't counter offer because I didn't know what kind of talent you would give up considering the initial offer. You and I both know Martinez WILL heat up. I also don't give up arguably one of the top ten pitchers in the majors for nothing.
    Ummm...the only top 10 pitcher you have is Peavy, and I don't think I was asking for him...I believe it was Felix!? Who at best is around 25th, but I have him ranked 34th as a pitcher for our scoring system.

I was really more interested in Martinez...what position(s) do you feel you need to upgrade? Send me an offer on the website so we can take this offline.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast