Thread: Bannister wins for the Kansas City Chiefs????

Default Bannister wins for the Kansas City Chiefs????

I will make sure and check this site for all my news in the future...:rolleyes:

Bannister Presides Over Royals' 5-2 Win Over Yankees

April 8, 2008 10:23 p.m. EST
    Norman Vergara - AHN Sports Writer
    Kansas City, MO (AHN) - Right-hander Brian Bannister shook off trouble in the second inning to hack out a 5-2 victory for the Kansas City Chiefs over the undermanned New York Yankees Tuesday night.

In the home opener at Kauffman Stadium, Bannister trod the mound in blazing fashion amid blowing winds. Still, the Royals mounted enough runs in the early going to frustrate the Yankees. Derek Jeter was missing and Jorge Posada left in the sixth because of an arm injury.

Bannister (2-0), who shut down Detroit in his first outing of the season, allowed two runs and five hits in five innings. He also struck out six, including three called strikes to Alex Rodriguez.

"I completely respect who he is as a hitter, what he's capable of. He didn't have a problem with me last year," Bannister told The Associated Press.

Bannister yielded two homers in a game against Rodriguez last season.

"Really, all I tried to do to was not get in a pattern with him," he added. "It just happened I made three perfect pitches on him when I had to. It's nice to do that cause he is such a threat."

The reigning AL MVP finished 0-for-4 on the night, with a fourth strikeout coming against reliever Ramon Ramirez in the seventh.
    "That's a first, I think. Someone said, 'Go out and go 4-for-4,' and I did," Rodriguez said.

Ryan Gload went 2-for-3 and had two RBIs in the fifth when he hit a single to score Alex Gordon and Billy Butler. Mark Grudzielanek, Mark Teahen and John Buck also delivered an RBI each and Joakim Soria saved his fourth game of the season with a perfect ninth.

Phil Hughes (0-1) allowed three runs and six hits in only three innings. Johnny Damon and Wilson Betemit, starting at shortstop in place of Jeter, drove in a run each in the second, the only time the Yankees scored in the game.

The three-game series resumes Wednesday with Ian Kennedy opposing Zach Greinke.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7010578050

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I will make sure and check this site for all my news in the future...:rolleyes:
    I'm sure he would be able to throw a football well. If his decision making is good, let's give him a shot at the QB position.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I'm sure he would be able to throw a football well. If his decision making is good, let's give him a shot at the QB position.

Can he scramble?

That is the important question.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

WOW!!!!!

It's football season already and I missed the Opener??? :rolleyes: