Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Questions about the "Crowd"??? (FAQ)

Default Technical questions about the "Crowd"??? (FAQ)

...Post them here and we will find for you the answers; it's high time we started a FAQ thread.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 04-17-2007 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I set this up as an informative Chiefs Crowd FAQ thread to assist members having difficulty or who just needed basic information. Coach is just trying to assist me in keeping it on track.
    Alright, then.

I have a question for Coach about the Crowd.

Why was I getting an Indiana DNS error the other day when I was trying to get on the site?

Why are we settling for this sub standard server?

If I got to click on ads to make money for the site then I'll do it.

We need to be online 24/7.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Alright, then.

Why was I getting an Indiana DNS error the other day when I was trying to get on the site?

I think that for the amount of traffic we do sometimes that the grid holds up pretty good. I understand the point your making, but I find it hard to be dissatisfied with the site as is, that is completely free to it's members and is online more often then not. However, this is a question that only Coach can address in any detail. I do know that this site we all enjoy at present does not come easily or cheap, and has not come at the expense of it's any of it's member's except one - Coach.

I think that for the amount of traffic we do sometimes that the grid holds up pretty good. I understand the point your making, but I find it hard to be dissatisfied with the site as is, that is completely free to it's members and is online more often then not. However, this is a question that only Coach can address in any detail. I do know that this site we all enjoy at present does not come easily or cheap, and has not come at the expense of it's any of it's member's except one - Coach.
    OK.

I can live with that.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

and has not come at the expense of it's any of it's member's except one - Coach.
    Except for those of us that have to put up with you!! j/k!! Thanks coach....and Chiefster (and the other mods too)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Alright, then.

Don't click on ads unless you have interest in what they are selling. The reason you were getting errors the other day is because I upgraded to a better server. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    Actually, I think I figured out the reason the pages were taking so long to load was because of the ShoutBox at the bottom of the pages that nobody used. As a result, I ditched it. The site is flying now for me.

Hopefully I have addressed this in my post above. The site averaged around 400 visitors per day in February and continues to grow. I will continue to upgrade servers as needed. The site should never be down. If it is, then I need to know about it. As far as the cost, this is a free site for our members and it always will be. If you want to give something back to this site, tell other Chiefs fans that it exists.
    Last edited by Coach; 03-05-2008 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    As far as the cost, this is a free site for our members and it always will be. If you want to give something back to this site, tell other Chiefs fans that it exists.
    Can I have my $24.99 back?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Don't click on ads unless you have interest in what they are selling. The reason you were getting errors the other day is because I upgraded to a better server. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    Actually, I think I figured out the reason the pages were taking so long to load was because of the ShoutBox at the bottom of the pages that nobody used. As a result, I ditched it. The site is flying now for me.

Hopefully I have addressed this in my post above. The site averaged around 400 visitors per day in February and continues to grow. I will continue to upgrade servers as needed. The site should never be down. If it is, then I need to know about it. As far as the cost, this is a free site for our members and it always will be. If you want to give something back to this site, tell other Chiefs fans that it exists.

Exactly! Word of mouth is the very best advertising!

Thanks, and it's flying for me now too!

I hated that shoutbox. (Not as much as I hate Herm though!)

You addressed it well, and thanks for providing this site for all the Chiefs fans out there!

We need to get that 400 visitors a day up to about 10,000.

I say a great season for the Chiefs (and of course, by proxy, their fans (US!)) will do it for us!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly! Word of mouth is the very best advertising!
    You think I ain't doin' that here in KC?

I'm about to sick the furious hounds that are H&R Block employees upon you!

Tax guys are serious football fans.

Seriously. They have every friggin' stat you want to hear about lodged in their brain!

BTW if any of you guys have tax questions you can shove them up your arse!

You think I ain't doin' that here in KC?

I'm about to sick the furious hounds that are H&R Block employees upon you!

Tax guys are serious football fans.

Seriously. They have every friggin' stat you want to hear about lodged in their brain!

BTW if any of you guys have tax questions you can shove them up your arse!

Tax Act or Turbo Tax?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast