Thread: Exclude Forums from Unread Posts

Smile Exclude Forums from Unread Posts

It's finally here. Many hours of searching and work and I now have the solution.

The past complain has been that people that don't log on for days come back to the site and literally have hundreds, sometimes thousands, of unread posts. Many of these posts are not football related.

The request came up to be able to exclude certain forums from the unread posts view.

Well I happy to say that it is now here.

All you will need to do is go to User CP, then click on Edit Options.
    Towards the bottom of the page you will see a section that allows you to exclude forums from searches.

So if you want to come here only to read Chiefs Related Posts, you might exclude everything except for the Hardcore Chiefs Forum.

Hopefully you get the idea and like it. Sorry it took so long, but I for one am glad to have it.

-Coach

Great idea...rep added Coach!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

See drunk HH is good for something!

HAH!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Great idea...rep added Coach!!
    I'm not sure if it was my idea, but I it was my seearching and searching and searching and searching for it.

I, like you, am just glad we finally have it.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    See drunk HH is good for something!

HAH!
    That's like saying a heart attack is good for something...helping you get your money's worth on your health insurance.

Seriously HH, you are 80% of the issue driving folks to want all of these features.

Sober or slightly inebriated HH is fine...but the drunk version, not so much.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    That's like saying a heart attack is good for something...helping you get your money's worth on your health insurance.

Seriously HH, you are 80% of the issue driving folks to want all of these features.

Sober or slightly inebriated HH is fine...but the drunk version, not so much.
    Agreed.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Lightbulb what is runescape gold

Spam removed.
    Last edited by rbedgood; 10-01-2008 at 02:41 AM. Reason: spam removal

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    It's finally here. Many hours of searching and work and I now have the solution.

The past complain has been that people that don't log on for days come back to the site and literally have hundreds, sometimes thousands, of unread posts. Many of these posts are not football related.

The request came up to be able to exclude certain forums from the unread posts view.

Well I happy to say that it is now here.

All you will need to do is go to User CP, then click on Edit Options.
    Towards the bottom of the page you will see a section that allows you to exclude forums from searches.

So if you want to come here only to read Chiefs Related Posts, you might exclude everything except for the Hardcore Chiefs Forum.

Hopefully you get the idea and like it. Sorry it took so long, but I for one am glad to have it.

-Coach
    Good work Coach!