Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anybody see or hear this.........

Default Did anybody see or hear this.........

Saw on the ticker at the bottom of the screan on ESPN that the Dolphins have begun contract negotiations with Jake Long! Don't look now but it looks like Matt Ryan is comin our way!!!

Hmmm...

If this pans out I will once again be correct in my predictions.

(I'm not gloating yet, I will just wait until it happens. )
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Hmmm...

If this pans out I will once again be correct in my predictions.

(I'm not gloating yet, I will just wait until it happens. )
    Just because you said that I won't do it.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Just because you said that I won't do it.
    Post the article in here too.

It needs to be done.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Dolphins negotiating for Jake Long as No. 1 pick

BY JEFF DARLINGTON

jdarlington@MiamiHerald.com

The Miami Dolphins could soon be off the clock.
    The Dolphins have formally begun contract negotiations with agent Tom Condon about the prospect of selecting former Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long as the first overall selection in this year's draft.
    Condon, who also represents Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan, was in South Florida early this week to negotiate specifically on behalf of Long at the request of the team, The Miami Herald has learned.
    The Dolphins would like to have a contract in place with their first pick before the draft on April 26, which would allow them to avoid a potentially ugly holdout like the one that took place in Oakland last year upon the Raiders' selection of quarterback JaMarcus Russell.
    Miami is still intrigued by Virginia defensive end Chris Long, but no in-person talks between Chris Long's agent and Miami are believed to have taken place to date. However, the Dolphins are believed to be happy with quarterback John Beck, and they are not considering Ryan as an option with the first pick.
    The latest meeting between Condon and the team doesn't necessarily mean the Dolphins have made their final decision to select Jake Long over Chris Long, but it is certainly a major step in that direction.
    By selecting Jake Long, the Dolphins would fill a gaping hole along their offensive line. Vernon Carey is currently slated as the starter at left tackle, but selecting Jake Long would potentially allow the team to move Carey back to his more natural position on the right side of the line.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Expect the Dolphin's to negotiate with 3-4 players as well as a number of other teams (in an attempt to trade down)...I still expect Parcells to trade out of the position.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

The Dolphins are also negotiating with Gholston and C. Long.

I know Jake likes to fish. I wonder if he has ever fished in the Atlantic, or the Caribbean.

Reports: Dolphins negotiating with Long as possible No. 1 overall pick

ESPN.com news services

Updated: April 10, 2008, 8:57 PM ET
    With the first overall selection in the 2008 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select … Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long?

According to several reports out of South Florida, the Dolphins, who own the first pick in the draft, have begun contract negotiations with Long.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel is also reporting that the team is talking with Vernon Gholston about a contract. However, a source told ESPN that Miami was not negotiating with the Ohio State defensive end.
    Long, a 6-foot-7, 313-pound senior who moved to left tackle in 2006 and started his final 26 games, was an All-America selection and Big Ten lineman of the year in each of his last two seasons.

Gholston, a 6-foot-3, 266-pound senior, set a single-season Ohio State record for sacks with 14 in 2007.

NFL Draft Central

The NFL draft is April 26 and 27 on ESPN, starting at 3 p.m. ET. For updated coverage, bookmark our Draft Central page. Index

The Dolphins would be delighted to prevent a holdout by reaching an agreement on a contract with their top pick before the draft begins April 26. Last year's top pick, JaMarcus Russell, missed all of training camp before signing a $61 million contract with the Oakland Raiders.

Offensive line is considered the biggest need for the Dolphins, who went 1-15 last year. But Bill Parcells has been reluctant to use high picks on offensive linemen in the past.

Long and Gholston might be two of several players with whom the Dolphins negotiate before the draft.
    Virginia defensive end Chris Long and LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey are other players who have been linked to the Dolphins as their potential selection at No. 1.

Chris Long had a sensational senior season for Virginia, registering 79 tackles (19 for losses), 14 sacks, two forced fumbles and an interception.

Dorsey started all 14 games as a senior last season (at left and right defensive tackle) for national champion LSU, finishing the season with 69 tackles (12.5 for losses), seven sacks, a forced fumble and four pass breakups.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3339368

Its Parcells playing poker again. He is trying to ink someone before the draft. Plus, it keeps everyone talking about him and he (meaning Parcells) loves it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast