Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BJ Sams

Default BJ Sams

This is taken from the Chicago Sun Times. Brad Biggs writes about how we are no longer interested in Rashied Davis because we signed BJ Sams.

Sam's club: Signing in KC could cross Davis off Chiefs' list

Given his injury history he’s no sure fix for the return woes of Kansas City, but he might be enough to scratch Rashied Davis off the list of possible targets for the Chiefs.
    Free-agent B.J. Sams signed a one-year contract with the Chiefs today, filling a need they have been looking to solve this offseason after Eddie Drummond fizzled in the role trying to replace Dante Hall. It’s a job Kansas City could have used Davis in if it pursued the wide receiver in free agency. As it stands, Davis is now nine days away from the deadline for restricted free agents to sign an offer sheet with another club.

Davis was tendered by the Bears at the low level of $927,000, and would not require compensation if he was signed away because he was not drafted by the club. But the chances of someone stepping up and writing a contract for the slot receiver that the Bears will not match seem remote. He’s simply not going to command big bucks and no club wants to do the heavy lifting of wooing a player and writing a contract only to have another team say ``thank you very much’’ and match the deal. Safety Brandon McGowan signed his RFA tender from the Bears last week.
    Because Davis is an RFA he is eligible to participate in the Bears’ voluntary offseason conditioning program, which began Monday, and he is expected to be involved soon. It’s likely he will go to the April 18 deadline to sign an offer sheet before putting his name on a contract with the Bears. When he does, the $16 million in available salary cap room the team has will essentially be reduced to $15 million.
    The Chiefs are in need of help at receiver even after signing Devard Darling to a deal last month. Sams is a defensive back but the Chiefs have been angling for a boost in the return game and he’s excelled in the past although the former Baltimore Raven missed all but the opener last season after suffering a torn ACL. Sams had a fractured leg in a gruesome play in 2006.

I guess Sams did a pretty good job in the return game in Baltimore. Anything other than Drummond...

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

I don't know anything about Sams, but like you said, anybody but Drummond returning for us this year!!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I just read Sams has a history of 2 DUI in a 14 month span.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Nice, leave it up these yokels to get another distraction.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Nice, leave it up these yokels to get another distraction.
    I'll take a drunk hobo off the street over Drummond!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I'll take a drunk hobo off the street over Drummond!

Yes. Very much so.

Can he play like Jared allen?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Can he play like Jared allen?
    As I recall, he was okay returning punts - pretty fast. Who's knows after the injury history.

As I recall, he was okay returning punts - pretty fast. Who's knows after the injury history.
    ...Sounds like dead weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...Sounds like Drummond.

FYR!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast