Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the Deuce?

Default What the Deuce?

We now have three fullbacks? Are we running the wishbone this year?

It's starting to look like it...

We will probably draft 3 more to make up for the loss of T Rich.

Still paying the price for that one!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    We now have three fullbacks? Are we running the wishbone this year?
    Maryland I formation.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

For those who don't know....

April 14th-
    Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Monday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-year contract with FB Chris Manderino. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available.

Manderino spent the entire 2007 campaign on Cincinnati’s practice squad. He also spent a portion of the 2006 season on the Bengals developmental squad.

April 16th-
    Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Wednesday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-year contract with FB John Paul Foschi. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreements were made available.

Foschi appeared in 11 games as a member of the Oakland Raiders from 2004-06.

I think that's 4 fullbacks now. I'm just happy we're signing these guys instead of wasting draft picks on fullbacks. I don't think fullback is a hard position to fill with mediocre talent. Fullback isn't a position we should be wasting picks on. If we sign these guys, then a couple undrafted FAs, we should be set at fullback for this upcoming year.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

April 14th-
    Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Monday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-year contract with FB Chris Manderino. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available.

Manderino spent the entire 2007 campaign on Cincinnati’s practice squad. He also spent a portion of the 2006 season on the Bengals developmental squad.

April 16th-
    Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Wednesday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-year contract with FB John Paul Foschi. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreements were made available.

I think that's 4 fullbacks now. I'm just happy we're signing these guys instead of wasting draft picks on fullbacks. I don't think fullback is a hard position to fill with mediocre talent. Fullback isn't a position we should be wasting picks on. If we sign these guys, then a couple undrafted FAs, we should be set at fullback for this upcoming year.
    How are you waisting a pick if you pick up a player like Hester? He's listed as a fullback but is an all around good player.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    It's starting to look like it...

We will probably draft 3 more to make up for the loss of T Rich.

Still paying the price for that one!

...And then some.

April 14th-

April 16th-

Yeah. Who needs good players to do that job?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah. Who needs good players to do that job?
    Other than Richardson and Oneil, you couldn't name 4 more in this league without looking them up. The fullback position is becoming obsolete. I'm sure Gailey wouldn't have a problem instituting an offense that wouldn't require one....there are plenty of offenses out there that don't require one.....so no. you don't need to waste a pick on a fullback.

Signing free agents will work just fine.

Other than Richardson and Oneil, you couldn't name 4 more in this league without looking them up. The fullback position is becoming obsolete. I'm sure Gailey wouldn't have a problem instituting an offense that wouldn't require one....there are plenty of offenses out there that don't require one.....so no. you don't need to waste a pick on a fullback.

Signing free agents will work just fine.
    Sure. I am with ya. ***struggles to keep a straight face*** Some positions just don't need to be considered.

Hey, uhh... if we aren't going to use a FB, then why do we have four of them here now?

If a team seriously wants to run an offense without a FB, then it can be done. It happens alot. But those teams rarely have four fullbacks under contract.

And if you are going to use a FB, then wouldn't you want him to be a good one?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Sure. I am with ya. ***struggles to keep a straight face*** Some positions just don't need to be considered.

Hey, uhh... if we aren't going to use a FB, then why do we have four of them here now?

If a team seriously wants to run an offense without a FB, then it can be done. It happens alot. But those teams rarely have four fullbacks under contract.

And if you are going to use a FB, then wouldn't you want him to be a good one?
    You really are detached....do you honestly think we're going to keep all four under contract?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast