Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TRADE! TRADE! TRADE! Building for the Future

Default TRADE! TRADE! TRADE! Building for the Future

It has been thirteen long seasons since the Kansas City Chiefs and fans have witnessed a playoff win.

Also, in the the past twenty NFL drafts, the Chiefs average selection in the first round has been an "average middle of the road" pick #15. Three of those twenty drafts were without a first round selection.

Respectable and average are getting rather old.

It just might be time to try a different appoach towards the draft. Submitted for your thinking is a somewhat "out of the box" attempt to change the face of this organization:

#1 TRADE: RB Larry Johnson to the Buffalo Bills for the following picks:
    2/43, 3/74, 3/92 and a 2008 3rd round pick.

#2 TRADE: Pick #1/23 to San Francisco for the following picks:
    3/76, 4/104, 4/110, 4/124 and a 2008 2nd round pick.

#3 TRADE: Pick #2/43 (Buffalo) to Washington for the following pick:
    2008 1st round pick.

#4 TRADE: Pick #2/54 to Houston for the following pick:
    2008 1st round pick.

2007 NFL DRAFT SELECTIONS/KANSAS CITY

3/74
    3/76
    3/84
    3/92
    4/104
    4/110
    4/124
    5/160
    6/
    7/

2008 NFL DRAFT SELECTIONS/KANSAS CITY

1st (Washington)
    1st (Houston)
    1st (K.C.)

2nd (K.C)
    2nd (San Francisco)

3rd (Buffalo)
    3rd (K.C.)
    Last edited by Cisco Kid; 04-21-2007 at 05:39 AM.

Not a terrible thought, but a coach in his second season, with a new team, has to do well, in the draft. His first two draft classes will make-up the, ever-important, third season team.

NFL coaches are given, somewhat of, a pass, during the first two seasons of their tenures. His third season, is the first season, that the teams accomplishments, or failures, rest, primarily, on the head coaches shoulders.

From a head coaches stanpoint, this would be a bad idea. From a team presidents stanpoint, maybe you allow your head coach an extra season, for evaluation and try this kind of scenario.

It's always fun, to hear somone elses ideas, about handling the franchise. However, we would be the "laughing-stock" of the NFL, if we fail to recieve a first-round pick, (plus) for L.J. Too bad, though, that we don't have this kind of creativity, in the front office.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Too bad, though, that we don't have this kind of creativity, in the front office.
    Hit the nail on the head with this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hit the nail on the head with this comment.
    Well if we are talking about the front office bear in mind that it is Queen Carl that we're talking about.

Front office,did someone say front office,are you kidding me front office
    jgunn1966
    Morgantown,WV
    Willie L. and D.T.
    Were the BEST!!

wait, what am i missing? why are the texans and redskins trading 1st rd. picks for 2nd rd. picks? why are we trading the second best RB for 3 3rd rd. picks? how many starters on average really come out of the 3rd rd? who do we replace him with? what kind of players would we be drafting for in the 3rd and 4th rounds, special teamers? we have solid players outside of a couple positions on the OL, DL, and CB. why push rebuilding another year? we can fill these needs this year, give these guys a year of experience with a brutal schedule this year and grab a starter or two in next year's draft and we could make a serious playoff run. there is no reason to push rebuilding back another year.

But that's just my opinion. If we could've done something like you suggested last year for this year's draft, I'd be all for it!!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    wait, what am i missing? why are the texans and redskins trading 1st rd. picks for 2nd rd. picks? why are we trading the second best RB for 3 3rd rd. picks? how many starters on average really come out of the 3rd rd? who do we replace him with? what kind of players would we be drafting for in the 3rd and 4th rounds, special teamers? we have solid players outside of a couple positions on the OL, DL, and CB. why push rebuilding another year? we can fill these needs this year, give these guys a year of experience with a brutal schedule this year and grab a starter or two in next year's draft and we could make a serious playoff run. there is no reason to push rebuilding back another year.

But that's just my opinion. If we could've done something like you suggested last year for this year's draft, I'd be all for it!!
    He has actually slipped out of the number two spot with the retirement of Will Shields.

honestly, i thought he (shields) lost a step or two last year. Welborn might actually be an upgrade considering he's going back to his original position. i don't think the drop off, if there is any, will be that big of a deal. I know Shields is a god in K.C., but he was old. Fresher legs might help the big back this year.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    honestly, i thought he (shields) lost a step or two last year. Welborn might actually be an upgrade considering he's going back to his original position. i don't think the drop off, if there is any, will be that big of a deal. I know Shields is a god in K.C., but he was old. Fresher legs might help the big back this year.

Well not to disagree, and trust me I hope you're right, but 12 straight Pro Bowls out of a fourteen year career one would think has to account for something.

Nite Crowd!

at some point you have to realize that offensive lineman aren't the super stars the WRs, RBs, QB's are.You can vote on position players by numbers (stats). How do you base a vote on an offensive lineman? there are no numbers to show... so obviously, you vote for players who's name you recognize. While Shields was a great player, you can't tell me he earned EVERY SINGLE pro bowl nomination. Especially when fans are voting these players in. K.C. doesn't play in enough nationally televised games for casual fans to realize what an outstanding player Shields was. On the ballot, they see a 7,8,10,12 time pro bowler, obviously you're gonna vote for him... "he was on the ballot for a reason right?"

Show me a position player who made 12 straight Pro Bowls. It doesn't happen. Mainly because you see thier numbers and realize he had a down year, so you don't vote him in.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast