Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: It was good having you on the team Jared.

Default It was good having you on the team Jared.

Way to go Carl.

Herm has completely killed this team now.

Chiefs' Allen talking with Vikings, Bucs

Jared Allen's days with the Chiefs appear to be numbered.

Allen, the NFL's reigning sack leader, told FOXSports.com that the Vikings and Buccaneers have held trade talks with the Chiefs and he anticipates a deal will get done prior to next week's draft.

"It's a situation that works out best for both sides," Allen told FOXSports.com. "I can go to a team that is competing for a championship right now. The Chiefs can get valuable draft picks to rebuild with."

Allen said he is flying to Minnesota and has a visit set up with the Vikings by this weekend. He is tentatively scheduled to meet with Tampa Bay next week. The Jacksonville Jaguars had previously inquired with Allen's camp as well.

The Pro Bowl defensive end is the Chiefs' franchise player, but re-signing in Kansas City will be a problem as the team is looking to stockpile draft picks.

Allen said the two sticking points are working out terms of a deal with a new team and the Chiefs agreeing to compensation for a trade. A package of first- and second-round picks or one of first- and third-round picks in the upcoming draft have been discussed as possible terms. It's unclear at this point what it will take to get the deal done.

Allen, a four-year veteran, led the league in sacks in 2007 with 15.5 and has 13 forced fumbles in the past three seasons.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8043460?MSNHPHMA
    Last edited by hermhater; 04-17-2008 at 01:31 PM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Like who? Vermeil? hahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's the reason we're in this mess to begin with.
    Well, eventhough we have had this argument several times already...

Vermiel - two Super bowl appearences

Hermie -

I should let you fill that in. Because I'm not sure that you realize how many times he has been. You seem to think that he owns the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, eventhough we have had this argument several times already...

Vermiel - two Super bowl appearences

Hermie -

I should let you fill that in. Because I'm not sure that you realize how many times he has been. You seem to think that he owns the Super Bowl.
    too bad vermeil can't draft to save his life.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    too bad vermeil can't draft to save his life.
    Yeah! Because all that matters is getting your draft picks on the field! That damn Super Bowl is waaaay over-rated.

Now that I think about it, Vermeil isn't a great drafter. That doesn't mean he isn't a good coach, though. When he won it with the Rams, I think the only players he drafted of value were Holt and Pace, and I know the Rams had to give up draft pics for Pace. Mostly, Vermeil did a lot of trades and made some big free agent signings. A lot of the same things he did with us, just didn't work out as well here.

Oh, and don't think the Rams aren't feeling the effects of all those lost draft picks. Last time I checked, they had an even worse record than us last year. If you're gonna give up draft picks, you have to know 100% that you're gonna go all the way, otherwise it's not worth it.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Now that I think about it, Vermeil isn't a great drafter. That doesn't mean he isn't a good coach, though. When he won it with the Rams, I think the only players he drafted of value were Holt and Pace, and I know the Rams had to give up draft pics for Pace. Mostly, Vermeil did a lot of trades and made some big free agent signings. A lot of the same things he did with us, just didn't work out as well here.

Oh, and don't think the Rams aren't feeling the effects of all those lost draft picks. Last time I checked, they had an even worse record than us last year. If you're gonna give up draft picks, you have to know 100% that you're gonna go all the way, otherwise it's not worth it.
    Actually, the Rams haven't been hurting for draft picks lately.

Aside from one pick per round, they have had these extras, to replace these lost.

2007 -4th round, +5th +7th.

2006 -6th, + 3rd, +3rd, +7th, +7th.

2005 +3rd +4th +6th +7th

2004 -2nd, +7th

2003 +4th +5th +5th +7th

2002 +3rd

2001 -7th, +1st +1st +4th

2000 One pick each round

1999 One pick each round

For a total of, over nine drafts, two extra 1sts, minus one second, four extra 3rds, one extra 4th, three extrs 5ths, minus one 6th, and five extra 7ths.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...2510&type=team
    Last edited by chief31; 04-20-2008 at 06:53 AM.

But, even further,

1998 +4th

1997 -3rd

1996 +1st +2nd +6th

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011