Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: It was good having you on the team Jared.

Default It was good having you on the team Jared.

Way to go Carl.

Herm has completely killed this team now.

Chiefs' Allen talking with Vikings, Bucs

Jared Allen's days with the Chiefs appear to be numbered.

Allen, the NFL's reigning sack leader, told FOXSports.com that the Vikings and Buccaneers have held trade talks with the Chiefs and he anticipates a deal will get done prior to next week's draft.

"It's a situation that works out best for both sides," Allen told FOXSports.com. "I can go to a team that is competing for a championship right now. The Chiefs can get valuable draft picks to rebuild with."

Allen said he is flying to Minnesota and has a visit set up with the Vikings by this weekend. He is tentatively scheduled to meet with Tampa Bay next week. The Jacksonville Jaguars had previously inquired with Allen's camp as well.

The Pro Bowl defensive end is the Chiefs' franchise player, but re-signing in Kansas City will be a problem as the team is looking to stockpile draft picks.

Allen said the two sticking points are working out terms of a deal with a new team and the Chiefs agreeing to compensation for a trade. A package of first- and second-round picks or one of first- and third-round picks in the upcoming draft have been discussed as possible terms. It's unclear at this point what it will take to get the deal done.

Allen, a four-year veteran, led the league in sacks in 2007 with 15.5 and has 13 forced fumbles in the past three seasons.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8043460?MSNHPHMA
    Last edited by hermhater; 04-17-2008 at 01:31 PM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    "Wine'em, Dine'em, 69'em"

Which I agree shows that he hasnt actually changed his ways so much.
    I like it!

It's not that big of a deal, it's his attitude and his actions that I am talking about.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    True, I guess I should have said just CP. But, dont you think there is a little resentment from JA. Herm is suppose to have a lot of pull with CP and if Herm would say, "We need him, dont let him go." Wouldn't CP have a little more heart in getting JA signed?
    Sure. But to a certain extent. I'm glad CPs poor contract signings only end with RBs. While HH seems to believe whole heartedly that JA is no longer the guy he used to be, it's hard to give a guy the kind of money JA is asking for knowing he's messed up twice doing the same thing while knowing if he got caught again, he's out for at least a year.

I'm not saying he isn't a great player and that we shouldn't re-sign him. I'm just saying there needs to be a limit to what we're willing to give him. It appears that in Arrowhead, there is a limit and Allen won't budge. That's his prerogative. But the franchise needs to be smart with their money and not become the Oakland Raiders who will find themselves in salary cap hell with a bunch of bad contracts.

We already have LJ's on the books. We don't need more bad contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    really? another running back would fill a hole?
    I think he was referring to Adrian Peterson...and yes, he'd fill a hole on about 30 NFL teams.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I think he was referring to Adrian Peterson...and yes, he'd fill a hole on about 30 NFL teams.
    I know who he was referring to, but what hole would he fill on the Chiefs?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I know who he was referring to, but what hole would he fill on the Chiefs?
    Fill a hole...not really...

Improve a position...most definitely!!!

I choose to focus on reality rather than focus on symantics in a statement that was clearly being made facetiously.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I choose to focus on reality rather than focus on symantics in a statement that was clearly being made facetiously.
    What a novel idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    What a novel idea!
    Sounds like tea time!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i think getting rid of JA has always been in queen carls 30 year plan.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I will state for the record, I am a diehard Chiefs fan but have had it with Queen Carl and Hermie the Chiefs Hater, Officially if they let Jared Allen go for anything less the 2 First Round Picks and a second, I will officially quit watching the Chiefs and become a Bears fan until the Carl and Herm are gone. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Sounds like tea time!

BRILLIANT!

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    I will state for the record, I am a diehard Chiefs fan but have had it with Queen Carl and Hermie the Chiefs Hater, Officially if they let Jared Allen go for anything less the 2 First Round Picks and a second, I will officially quit watching the Chiefs and become a Bears fan until the Carl and Herm are gone. Have a nice day.
    ...Sounds like a contradiction in terms to me.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast