Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: It was good having you on the team Jared.

Default It was good having you on the team Jared.

Way to go Carl.

Herm has completely killed this team now.

Chiefs' Allen talking with Vikings, Bucs

Jared Allen's days with the Chiefs appear to be numbered.

Allen, the NFL's reigning sack leader, told FOXSports.com that the Vikings and Buccaneers have held trade talks with the Chiefs and he anticipates a deal will get done prior to next week's draft.

"It's a situation that works out best for both sides," Allen told FOXSports.com. "I can go to a team that is competing for a championship right now. The Chiefs can get valuable draft picks to rebuild with."

Allen said he is flying to Minnesota and has a visit set up with the Vikings by this weekend. He is tentatively scheduled to meet with Tampa Bay next week. The Jacksonville Jaguars had previously inquired with Allen's camp as well.

The Pro Bowl defensive end is the Chiefs' franchise player, but re-signing in Kansas City will be a problem as the team is looking to stockpile draft picks.

Allen said the two sticking points are working out terms of a deal with a new team and the Chiefs agreeing to compensation for a trade. A package of first- and second-round picks or one of first- and third-round picks in the upcoming draft have been discussed as possible terms. It's unclear at this point what it will take to get the deal done.

Allen, a four-year veteran, led the league in sacks in 2007 with 15.5 and has 13 forced fumbles in the past three seasons.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8043460?MSNHPHMA
    Last edited by hermhater; 04-17-2008 at 01:31 PM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

Why would we offer a trade rather than just making the Vikes pay him an outrageous amount of money and taking their 2 first round picks?

Do you think the team could get even more picks?
    Like i said, i think the Chiefs are trying to get the same value in this year's draft as they would receive from a first rounder in next year's draft. So basically, they're trying to squeeze the Vikings for two first rounders THIS YEAR. (I imagine)

In order to do that, the Vikings would have to send either a player or the rest of their draft from this season and probably a couple next season to make up for the draft chart point differences.

I haven't looked at the Viking's roster lately. Are there any young players from that team that we would want to step in and fill a hole or two?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Like i said, i think the Chiefs are trying to get the same value in this year's draft as they would receive from a first rounder in next year's draft. So basically, they're trying to squeeze the Vikings for two first rounders THIS YEAR. (I imagine)

In order to do that, the Vikings would have to send either a player or the rest of their draft from this season and probably a couple next season to make up for the draft chart point differences.

I haven't looked at the Viking's roster lately. Are there any young players from that team that we would want to step in and fill a hole or two?
    I can think of a running back!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I can think of a running back!
    really? another running back would fill a hole?

A little off subject here, but I just saw that Jared Allen's Sports ARENA and Grill.

I can't remember what I called it yesterday but I think I said it was Jared Allen's Sports BAR and Grill.

I think he is doing a GREAT job at turning his life around and disassociating himself from the partying lifestyle.

We will get great picks for this.

I will miss you Jared.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    That is if he signs with the Vikings...if he is traded then the situation is different. If he signs with the Vikings the Chiefs can simply match the contract and keep him...so essentially by putting the "tag" on Allen, Carl allowed Allen to go out in the market and set his market price, and then Carl and Herm can decide whether that price is worth more or less than two 1st round picks.

Problem is Allen has said he doesnt want to play for the Herm and Cp anymore. Chiefs have to offload him now or risk loosing his value next year. I hate to see him go but CP has already messed this situation up as it is. Only way to salvage it is to get a lot of draft picks.

One good thing is it looks like Allen will be going to a different division and conference.

A little off subject here, but I just saw that Jared Allen's Sports ARENA and Grill.

I can't remember what I called it yesterday but I think I said it was Jared Allen's Sports BAR and Grill.

I think he is doing a GREAT job at turning his life around and disassociating himself from the partying lifestyle.

We will get great picks for this.

I will miss you Jared.
    Yeah but your right about the motto.

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    Problem is Allen has said he doesnt want to play for the Herm and Cp anymore. Chiefs have to offload him now or risk loosing his value next year. I hate to see him go but CP has already messed this situation up as it is. Only way to salvage it is to get a lot of draft picks.

One good thing is it looks like Allen will be going to a different division and conference.
    Actually, he has no problem with Herm. Herm was the reason he played last season at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    Yeah but your right about the motto.

"Wine'em, Dine'em, 69'em"

Which I agree shows that he hasnt actually changed his ways so much.

Actually, he has no problem with Herm. Herm was the reason he played last season at all.
    True, I guess I should have said just CP. But, dont you think there is a little resentment from JA. Herm is suppose to have a lot of pull with CP and if Herm would say, "We need him, dont let him go." Wouldn't CP have a little more heart in getting JA signed?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast