Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: It was good having you on the team Jared.

Default It was good having you on the team Jared.

Way to go Carl.

Herm has completely killed this team now.

Chiefs' Allen talking with Vikings, Bucs

Jared Allen's days with the Chiefs appear to be numbered.

Allen, the NFL's reigning sack leader, told FOXSports.com that the Vikings and Buccaneers have held trade talks with the Chiefs and he anticipates a deal will get done prior to next week's draft.

"It's a situation that works out best for both sides," Allen told FOXSports.com. "I can go to a team that is competing for a championship right now. The Chiefs can get valuable draft picks to rebuild with."

Allen said he is flying to Minnesota and has a visit set up with the Vikings by this weekend. He is tentatively scheduled to meet with Tampa Bay next week. The Jacksonville Jaguars had previously inquired with Allen's camp as well.

The Pro Bowl defensive end is the Chiefs' franchise player, but re-signing in Kansas City will be a problem as the team is looking to stockpile draft picks.

Allen said the two sticking points are working out terms of a deal with a new team and the Chiefs agreeing to compensation for a trade. A package of first- and second-round picks or one of first- and third-round picks in the upcoming draft have been discussed as possible terms. It's unclear at this point what it will take to get the deal done.

Allen, a four-year veteran, led the league in sacks in 2007 with 15.5 and has 13 forced fumbles in the past three seasons.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8043460?MSNHPHMA
    Last edited by hermhater; 04-17-2008 at 01:31 PM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    IT IS TIME FOR A CP :hang: :fighting0041: :character00266: GROW SOME CLARK AND FIRE CP!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

This is an outrage!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

This makes me embarassed to be a Chiefs fan. The company line has been "we are building through a young team for long term success". You get arguably one of the best DE in the game, he is only 25 years old (25 YEARS OLD, last I checked that is young) and you treat him like **** and now he dont want to play for you any more. What the hell!!! Some other team is gonna get a steal!!! Probably gonne be the Patriots and they will go undefeated again!!!

Here is Queen Carl's statement.

Chiefs Statement on the Status of DE Jared Allen

Apr 17, 2008, 1:50:01 PM

“We will confirm that we have been in conversation with a few teams regarding the possibility of acquiring Jared Allen’s contractual rights. Any potential agreement would be contingent on the Chiefs receiving appropriate compensation and Jared’s representative reaching a contract agreement.
    “Jared is not an exclusive franchise player. Therefore, based on the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, he has the right to visit and negotiate with other teams. However, for any trade to be completed, the Chiefs would need to reach an agreement on compensation. At this point, all of these discussions are preliminary.”
    - Carl Peterson, President

What a jackass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    This makes me embarassed to be a Chiefs fan. The company line has been "we are building through a young team for long term success". You get arguably one of the best DE in the game, he is only 25 years old (25 YEARS OLD, last I checked that is young) and you treat him like **** and now he dont want to play for you any more. What the hell!!! Some other team is gonna get a steal!!! Probably gonne be the Patriots and they will go undefeated again!!!

Herm is what embarrasses me as a Chiefs fan, this just pissed me off!

All in all I guess Carl is just trying to leave the team exactly as he found it when we hired him. F Carl. Thanks for running my team into the ground. Although he did save me 250 bucks since I won't be getting the NFL ticket this year.
    Good luck CLark, That is going to be a beautiful stadium and it will be easy to clean because there won't be anyone to put in it.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    It seems like the Chiefs had Allen in a holding pattern until they brought the top 5 players in for a visit. It looks like the Chiefs will be keeping their #5 pick to take one of those guys while also grabbing an Offensive Linemen at 17 or 20.

Perhaps the Chiefs think C. Long will be there at #5. That would mean J. Long to Miami, Dorsey/Gholston to the Rams, Ryan to Atlanta and McFadden to Oakland....quite possible.

I'm kind of on the fence about whether i'd like an additional 2nd round pick this year or another 1st rounder next year.
    I thought we were guaranteed 2 first round picks because we franchised the guy?

Do you mean you would let us take a second rounder if we could get it this year?

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Way to go Carl.

Herm has completely killed this team now.

I am sick to my stomach. This is the worse news I have heard in a long time. I just cannot believe that these morons think this is a good idea.

The truth of the matter is though, I think Allen has pushed this through as well. He said he will not sign a long term contract with the Chiefs if they tag him and I think this is at least in part Allen's way of following through with the deal.

Honestly, I think I was pretty clear in another post when I said this was going to happen and that Allen would be sent on his Merry way. I think he has also made it clear to management he does not want to play for Herm.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

This is an outrage!

I've been saying that for years.

I thought we were guaranteed 2 first round picks because we franchised the guy?

Do you mean you would let us take a second rounder if we could get it this year?
    The Chiefs can trade Allen's rights to any team as long as both teams agree to compensation.

If Allen signs a tender with another team and the Chiefs refuse to match the offer, then the Chiefs recieve two first round picks.

Another thing to consider that hasn't been brought up is that this may be posturing by the Chiefs with Allen. In order for ANY team to make a trade for Allen would hinge on whether or not that team could sign Allen to a new contract. This may be Carl letting Allen talk to other teams and see what kind of contract they would offer him.

Perhaps Carl is actually showing Allen and his agent that the contract the Chiefs have offered Allen is what the market will bare. What if during Allen's negotiations with other teams, he realizes the best contract offer is actually the one he recieved from KC?

The problem with all this "behind the scenes" talk is that as a fan, we don't actually know what's going on. As has been said numerous times already; I find it hard to believe that this move would have the endorsement of the head coach who is trying to build around young defensive players....not trade them away.

I've said numerous times that I thought trading Allen would be advantageous for the Chiefs if they can grab at least 3 high draft picks. If Chris Long falls to the Chiefs, I think Allen is replaced for the long term.

This trade could be the only way the Chiefs rebuild their line if they can grab #17, #47 and #82, the Chiefs will be in a good position with at least 13 draft picks and 6 of those picks coming in the top 3 rounds.

If they can get the Viking's top 3 picks for Allen, we'll have a DE, 2 new CBs and possibly a new OLine all coming from the first 3 rounds. That could be HUGE.

PFT:

As teams like the Minnesota Vikings and Tampa Bay Buccaneers explore the possibility of working out a long-term deal with the Kansas City Chiefs for franchise-tagged defensive end Jared Allen, the looming concern is Allen’s two prior DUI arrests, which culminated in a four-game suspension in 2007 that Commissioner Roger Goodell eventually cut in half.

And due to the elimination from the 2006 revisions to the Collective Bargaining Agreement of sweeping signing bonus forfeiture provisions, any team that gives Allen a huge chunk of guaranteed money will be able to recover only a limited amount of the cash if Allen, for example, celebrates his new contract by bending an elbow moments before driving a car.

So with Allen wanting $30 million in guaranteed money, there’s simply no way for any team to get adequate protection. The easiest (and perhaps only) way for a team to ensure that it doesn’t get burned is to dump a bunch of the money into annual roster bonuses and/or salaries that are guaranteed for injury only. Then, if Allen acts up in any given year, he can be cut and the future financial obligations can be avoided.

Whether Allen has really put his past in his behind (or something), no one really knows. Bucs running back Michael Bennett has vouched for his former Chiefs teammate, according to our friends at Pewter Report: “Jared has really matured and he’s over that,” Bennett said. “I’ve been around the guy and know how serious he takes his job. A lot of people make mistakes and we learn from them.”

But then there’s the little issue of Allen’s restaurant/bar. It’s called Club 69. And if the double-entendre based on Allen’s jersey number wasn’t enough, the club’s far less subtle motto is “Wine ‘Em, Dine ‘Em, 69 ‘Em.”

Yeah, Jared has matured.

Look, he’s a dominant player. He’s arguably one of the best defensive ends in the game. But if this guy thinks that anyone is going to make a huge financial investment without finding a way to protect itself against him having another run-in with alcohol, then perhaps he already has had one.

And this is the problem the Chiefs are having in signing Allen...how bout that.....other teams have the same issues with Allen's past....huh.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast