Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some good news for the Chiefs.

Default Some good news for the Chiefs.

I will miss having Jared, but I'm glad the Donks are stupid enough to take Droppie Parker off our hands.

Broncos sign Chiefs WR Parker to one-year deal

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos on Tuesday signed former Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Samie Parker to a one-year contract.
    Parker

The Broncos also signed free-agent punter Danny Baugher and waived wide receiver Derrick Hamilton and tight end Chad Upshaw.
    Parker, who was an unrestricted free agent, spent his first four NFL seasons with the Chiefs, who selected him in the fourth round of the 2004 draft out of Oregon. He has career numbers of 110 catches for 1,529 yards and seven touchdowns.
    Parker caught 41 passes for 561 yards in 2006 before giving way to first-round draft pick Dwayne Bowe. Parker had 24 catches for 298 yards and two TDs last year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3346946

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Matt Ryan isn't going to be another Manning but he will be like Palmer.I don't want Ryan as our Chiefs QB.I'd rather have the other Ryan(Clady)as our overall first pick.I believe that Ryan Clady will be the next Will Shields.
    No offense, but I don't trust your opinions on QBs.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    No offense, but I don't trust your opinions on QBs.

Royale,let me ask you this question.Who would you rather have as our starter for the 2008 season?Damon or Brodie?My answer is Damon.What's yours?

My answer is Damon.What's yours?
    Mine is 4
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Royale,let me ask you this question.Who would you rather have as our starter for the 2008 season?Damon or Brodie?My answer is Damon.What's yours?
    Right now, Brodie. If Herm wants to "rebuild" this team he'd better give his young QB the start. Brodie has the cannon arm but he has made some bonehead decisions. Huard is a career backup for a reason.

Brodie does kind of remind me of another Chiefs QB...

Post whoring here. The other answer would be George Brett.

If the Chiefs take Ryan in this draft they'd better have the #17 and use it and the 2nd rounder for O-line help...then and only then does the selection of Ryan make any sense!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    If the Chiefs take Ryan in this draft they'd better have the #17 and use it and the 2nd rounder for O-line help...then and only then does the selection of Ryan make any sense!!!
    I hope they take Ryan at #5 so CP will be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I hope they take Ryan at #5 so CP will be fired.
    That could happen, but if CP has a good draft and gets Ryan, a couple of O-linemen and a cornerback the argument could be made that he is "rebuilding" (AGAIN!) and it will buy him some time. I know none of you guys want to hear that, but it is probably reality.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    That could happen, but if CP has a good draft and gets Ryan, a couple of O-linemen and a cornerback the argument could be made that he is "rebuilding" (AGAIN!) and it will buy him some time. I know none of you guys want to hear that, but it is probably reality.
    Makes sense... unfortunately.

I am with you on this one. Our offensive line is going to be made up of who-knows-what, and Croyle may need to bring a casket to the games with him.

Let's at least kill Huard first.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast