Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some good news for the Chiefs.

Default Some good news for the Chiefs.

I will miss having Jared, but I'm glad the Donks are stupid enough to take Droppie Parker off our hands.

Broncos sign Chiefs WR Parker to one-year deal

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos on Tuesday signed former Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Samie Parker to a one-year contract.
    Parker

The Broncos also signed free-agent punter Danny Baugher and waived wide receiver Derrick Hamilton and tight end Chad Upshaw.
    Parker, who was an unrestricted free agent, spent his first four NFL seasons with the Chiefs, who selected him in the fourth round of the 2004 draft out of Oregon. He has career numbers of 110 catches for 1,529 yards and seven touchdowns.
    Parker caught 41 passes for 561 yards in 2006 before giving way to first-round draft pick Dwayne Bowe. Parker had 24 catches for 298 yards and two TDs last year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3346946

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Matt Ryan isn't going to be another Manning but he will be like Palmer.I don't want Ryan as our Chiefs QB.I'd rather have the other Ryan(Clady)as our overall first pick.I believe that Ryan Clady will be the next Will Shields.
    Now this is funny!!! Clady the next Will Sheilds?????? Not a chance!!! He's a reach at best!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Now this is funny!!! Clady the next Will Sheilds?????? Not a chance!!! He's a reach at best!
    Shields was drafted at 74th overall. But Clady is an OT anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Mine is 4

Canada,It's this thought in my mind making me believe that Brett will go out like Montana while coming back to play for KC.Brett's thinking of Super Bowl 1 when the Chiefs squared off against the Packers.Ring any bells!As for Brodie CRoyle........F him!He will lose his job after the first 4 weeks of the season if he is our starting Qb.I want my dude Damon "killer" Huard as the starter because he is the real deal.Give Damon a dominate offensive line and we'll continue to see flashes of the achievements that Damon accomplished during the 2006 season.Let's not forget that Damon was one of the best QB's in the league during that season.It's live or die with Damon.I'm no longer a Chief fan if Herm allows Brodie to remain as our starter or if he drafts another College quarterback.The Chiefs quarterback position is built for a veteran general.:armee_smilies027:

Montana,Moon,Grbac,Green,Damon...........then the wack CRoyle!He has no name with our franchise.F CRoyle.I hate him.

Canada,It's this thought in my mind making me believe that Brett will go out like Montana while coming back to play for KC.Brett's thinking of Super Bowl 1 when the Chiefs squared off against the Packers.Ring any bells!As for Brodie CRoyle........F him!He will lose his job after the first 4 weeks of the season if he is our starting Qb.I want my dude Damon "killer" Huard as the starter because he is the real deal.Give Damon a dominate offensive line and we'll continue to see flashes of the achievements that Damon accomplished during the 2006 season.Let's not forget that Damon was one of the best QB's in the league during that season.It's live or die with Damon.I'm no longer a Chief fan if Herm allows Brodie to remain as our starter or if he drafts another College quarterback.The Chiefs quarterback position is built for a veteran general.:armee_smilies027:

Montana,Moon,Grbac,Green,Damon...........then the wack CRoyle!He has no name with our franchise.F CRoyle.I hate him.

OH SHOOT its nice to have GRBAC in the house.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post
    OH SHOOT its nice to have GRBAC in the house.
    You crazy girly!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think Baltimore really wants him and may not want to risk letting him fall and letting another team draft up with the Pats to take him.
    There is a rumor that the Jets want Ryan badly. If they sign Matt Ryan. They would likely release Chad Pennington. Herm would almost certainly grab Pennington. This could happen via some kind of trade agreement as well.

Matt Ryan isn't going to be another Manning but he will be like Palmer.I don't want Ryan as our Chiefs QB.I'd rather have the other Ryan(Clady)as our overall first pick.I believe that Ryan Clady will be the next Will Shields.
    I'm starting to think that Ryan Clady is the likely pick for the Chiefs #5 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    There is a rumor that the Jets want Ryan badly. If they sign Matt Ryan. They would likely release Chad Pennington. Herm would almost certainly grab Pennington. This could happen via some kind of trade agreement as well.

I'm starting to think that Ryan Clady is the likely pick for the Chiefs #5 pick.
    If Pennington comes over, i think Huard's tenure with the Chiefs is over. With the team going thru a youth movement, Pennington would only be signed as a backup IMO. I think if we don't take a QB in this draft, the QB job will be handed to Croyle.

Also, if the Chiefs decide to reach for a lineman at #5, it better be Clady. The popular rumor seems to be that the Chiefs will take Albert. While Albert is probably the better of the two linemen, Albert will probably be best suited as a guard. As of right now, the Chiefs desperately need left tackle and or right tackle.

If we see the Chiefs take Albert, you can pretty much guarantee that we will keep McIntosh at RT, still have a hole to fill at left tackle, but would've shored up our other guard spot. If that happens, i think it's a foregone conclusion that the Chiefs will HAVE to take an OT in the 2nd round....I just don't see that happening.

If that happens, i think it's a foregone conclusion that the Chiefs will HAVE to take an OT in the 2nd round....I just don't see that happening.
    There is a decent chance that Sam Baker will still be on the board when the Chiefs pick in the 2nd. That would be a good pick IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    There is a decent chance that Sam Baker will still be on the board when the Chiefs pick in the 2nd. That would be a good pick IMO.
    I think we can fill a guard spot with a pick in the 3rd or 4th round. We already have a RT in McIntosh. I just can't believe that they would spend their first 2 picks on linemen if it's possible to fill one of those spots later in the draft. If we get a good guard in the 3rd, we can spend that 2nd pick on a CB or WR. I think the quality in guard is better in the 3rd round than the quality at CB. IMO

I think we can fill a guard spot with a pick in the 3rd or 4th round. We already have a RT in McIntosh. I just can't believe that they would spend their first 2 picks on linemen if it's possible to fill one of those spots later in the draft. If we get a good guard in the 3rd, we can spend that 2nd pick on a CB or WR. I think the quality in guard is better in the 3rd round than the quality at CB. IMO
    I agree that the Chiefs would likely not take Albert because of the depth at guard later in the draft. Although Albert has great speed for his size. This draft could shake out a lot of ways. I just can't wait.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast