Thread: The end of game onside kick

Default The end of game onside kick

I have a debate going with a buddy about the onside kick at the end of the game. For those that saw it and know a thing or two about football, did Tynes kick the ball straight up in the air or did he kick down on it so that it hit the ground and bounced up?

Thanks for everyone' help!

Default Re: The end of game onside kick

I didn't see the final onside kick, but I can tell you that the ball is always kicked into the ground and then it bounces up on an onside kick.

admin wrote:
    I didn't see the final onside kick, but I can tell you that the ball is always kicked into the ground and then it bounces up on an onside kick.
    Ditto, that is the typical onside kick; however, I have seen an equivalent of an onside with a high short end over end kick. We should NOT have lost that game!

What's up I'm a Bay Area cat from KC MO 69th Street. I don't know about that old kick stuff. All I know is them Chiefs need to get some heart! And we need to get more chiefs fans in KC because they got Raider love out here in the Bay. They played heartless in the 3rd quarter through. Where is the heart? :-x

Poppaman wrote:
    ...Where is the heart? :-x
    Good question, I suspect the Tin Man might know.

Heart has been the problem the last two weeks in a row. They flat gave up in Denver and everyone knew it including the Denver Broncos. The defense has been so bad in KC the last couple of years that a little problem suddenly scares everyone of a relapse. The reality is that now we have better players on D. The Chiefs are not playing great football yet. They can and should. They ran up against Denver at home and Philly. This team is still 2-2. The Chiefs need to get healthy and watch some tape. I think the Chiefs have just as good of chance of winning this division as anyone else. Unfortunately for the Chiefs, I do think that they are in the toughest afc division. What do you guys think?

admin wrote:
    Heart has been the problem the last two weeks in a row. They flat gave up in Denver and everyone knew it including the Denver Broncos. The defense has been so bad in KC the last couple of years that a little problem suddenly scares everyone of a relapse. The reality is that now we have better players on D. The Chiefs are not playing great football yet. They can and should. They ran up against Denver at home and Philly. This team is still 2-2. The Chiefs need to get healthy and watch some tape. I think the Chiefs have just as good of chance of winning this division as anyone else. Unfortunately for the Chiefs, I do think that they are in the toughest afc division. What do you guys think?
    Â…Without a doubt. But, like you said: They have as good a chance of winning the division as any. Everone should be near 100% healthy. The games to watch next week would be San Diego and Denver, especially Denver because if they lose to the "Skins" then we can gain a game on them by beating the "Skins" the very next week.