Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts about the JA issue

Default My thoughts about the JA issue

I am a super chiefs fan. last season was a horrible roller coaster ride. I love JA and thank god for him and D Bowe because i just might have killed myself if not for them. But let's look at this situation in trading JA for some picks. Honestly it make sense . Will I like not having JA in a chiefs uniform NO but after this season is over and JA leaves because of BS then would i look back and say Maybe we should of gotten something for JA YEah Def, I mean we got to realize JA really wont want to be in KC because of carl so more then likely he will leave next year and even if he didn't what happens if he doesnt perform to standard due to more double teams and such. Yes Jared Allen is a great player but he can't save the chiefs himself It pains me but I think if we can get more quality picks in the long run it might just be the thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by derrickjohnsontribute View Post
    Guys,
    What I can't figure out is - What are we going to do to address our offensive line needs?

Can we get someone there at number 17? (Minnesota's pick)...Probably not. I think we might trade down from five and get a pick between 11-14 to take an O-lineman.

DJT
    IF this horrible trade does go through, then there are several first-early second round OTs available. Of course, the further down that list you look, the more risk is involved.

Unfortunately, we will have to use our no.5 pick on the hopes that Chris Long, or Vernon Gholston can one day become anything similar to what Jared Allen has become. Which immediately knocks us out of the running for either OT Jake Long, or OT Ryan Clady.

Also, the top CBs are rated around the area of the seventeenth overall pick. Which means that Herm is likely to select a CB, and leave the O-line for the early-second-round pick. Basically, that means that we are probably going to be scraping the bottom of the top-teir barrell for our first O-line pick.

Well, that about covers one of the three starting o-line positions that we have open. I would assume that we will be throwing some garbage free-agents at the other two starting spots.

But, hey! Eventhough our offense won't likely be much better, at least, with J.A. gone, our defense won't be too much worse.

Wait...What are we building here?
    Last edited by chief31; 04-22-2008 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Did you see where HHs reply was somehow editted?

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by peekaboo224 View Post
    I'm kinda of torn about this JA issue. I hate to see him leave the Chiefs as he is one of the few bright things about the team right now. However, I live in MN now and have to watch the Vikes as the Chiefs are only one once or twice a year if that. I just hope that if he leaves, we get some good draft picks and that the adminstration doesn't screw up and pick some dudes. I hate rebuiding years.
    I apologize for my comment to you.

Please accept my apologies and welcome back to the site.

Once again, I am a sick individual and need to be a better person.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

But, hey! Eventhough our offense won't likely be much better, at least, with J.A. gone, our defense won't be too much worse.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

IF this horrible trade does go through, then there are several first-early second round OTs available. Of course, the further down that list you look, the more risk is involved.

Unfortunately, we will have to use our no.5 pick on the hopes that Chris Long, or Vernon Gholston can one day become anything similar to what Jared Allen has become. Which immediately knocks us out of the running for either OT Jake Long, or OT Ryan Clady.

Also, the top CBs are rated around the area of the seventeenth overall pick. Which means that Herm is likely to select a CB, and leave the O-line for the early-second-round pick. Basically, that means that we are probably going to be scraping the bottom of the top-teir barrell for our first O-line pick.

Well, that about covers one of the three starting o-line positions that we have open. I would assume that we will be throwing some garbage free-agents at the other two starting spots.

you hit the nail.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I apologize for my comment to you.

Please accept my apologies and welcome back to the site.

Once again, I am a short individual and need to be a taller person.

FYP...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    FYP...

I can't wait until I get this scanner working for my mom.

I am gonna show you how us little guys have been owning you big dudes since we have been kids.

I am gonna show you how us little guys have been owning you big dudes since we have been kids.
    Ummm....yeahhhhhhh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Ummm....yeahhhhhhh.

ROTFLMAO~!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ummm....yeahhhhhhh.

See that guy on the ground there?

That's not my son, it's a dude that he just owned.

He is 2 or 3 years younger than all the other guys on the field and makes them cry for their mother whenever he gets the ball!

See the lady in the background? She has to change that big dudes diapers when they get home because my boy scared the crap out of him!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast