Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgating!!

Default Tailgating!!

Anyone attending the home opener that has any thoughts or ideas concerning tailgating, please post them here.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

we could all meet at sports nutz before the game and all get in line and drive in together . That is of course we dont have a few hungover people. I honestly like to get up and be in line to get in before the gates even open to maximize the tailgating experience . By the time one gets set up and grilling it seems like its time to pack up and go into the game so soon.Thats just me . Im gonna be there in line. if you dont want to I will give my cell phone so you can find me.

By the way I am no schedule freak ! Except on gameday LOL, its the only day I want to be somewhere early and take in the sites and sounds of Arrowhead , for those who have yet to go to a game at Arrowhead ....... Im nerously excited for you ! Honestly . There is nothing that compare to it. Its where I go to Church on Sundays when Im in Kansas City !
    Last edited by YZILLA; 07-16-2008 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    we could all meet at sports nutz before the game and all get in line and drive in together . That is of course we dont have a few hungover people. I honestly like to get up and be in line to get in before the gates even open to maximize the tailgating experience . By the time one gets set up and grilling it seems like its time to pack up and go into the game so soon.Thats just me . Im gonna be there in line. if you dont want to I will give my cell phone so you can find me.

By the way I am no schedule freak ! Except on gameday LOL, its the only day I want to be somewhere early and take in the sites and sounds of Arrowhead , for those who have yet to go to a game at Arrowhead ....... Im nerously excited for you ! Honestly . There is nothing that compare to it. Its where I go to Church on Sundays when Im in Kansas City !
    Whe can also meet at the Red Roof Inn, I think most of us are staying there.

Yeah , I just said that because I know Canada will be there early getting his face/head painted by the crew that does Chiefs facepainting before games. Just incase some wanted it done or their kids. Sports Nutz is just a few blocks away giving us less chance to get separated between stop lights and such. We will actually want to decide on which side we come in on too when we park. The seats are on the side where the Holiday in is across the street. ( lower level ) anyways .
    Last edited by YZILLA; 07-16-2008 at 05:15 PM.

If I do rent the big van we can always leave that at the hotel for those who do not want to be up as early in the morning and then we can plan the tailgate around a few vehicles and all meet up but then we don't necessarily have to park together. I am an early riser on gameday. I like to have a couple of beers in me by 6 am.

I can not get parking passes from the ticket lady but I will call her and see if she knows how we can get some parking together. I would prefer to be closer to the stadium myself.

As far as food goes, I am all for getting a shopping trip together and going to get all of the food when we get there. Does anyone have a grill that we can use at the hotel? I plan to do some parking lot partying when I am there. I will also need to go and get some chairs at Wal Mart or somewhere.

Beer....how many cases should we bring? I say at least 10?!?!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    If I do rent the big van we can always leave that at the hotel for those who do not want to be up as early in the morning and then we can plan the tailgate around a few vehicles and all meet up but then we don't necessarily have to park together. I am an early riser on gameday. I like to have a couple of beers in me by 6 am.

I can not get parking passes from the ticket lady but I will call her and see if she knows how we can get some parking together. I would prefer to be closer to the stadium myself.

As far as food goes, I am all for getting a shopping trip together and going to get all of the food when we get there. Does anyone have a grill that we can use at the hotel? I plan to do some parking lot partying when I am there. I will also need to go and get some chairs at Wal Mart or somewhere.

It's good to have priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post

What, are you going to ship the chairs home? I think we those of us that do not have to fly in to KC can provide some chairs, save your money for beer for me.

Canada I have a grill we can use , dont worry about it !

http://www.backcountry.com/store/CMN...Pro-Grill.html

It will cook anything we need at the hotel , It actually has a fairly large surface for the game as well as long as we arent grilling like racks of ribs or huge pork loins . Hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, ( not a problem )

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Canada I have a grill we can use , dont worry about it !

http://www.backcountry.com/store/CMN...Pro-Grill.html

It will cook anything we need at the hotel , It actually has a fairly large surface for the game as well as long as we arent grilling like racks of ribs or huge pork loins . Hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, ( not a problem )
    I will be bringing my B-day present grill also! Its a Chiefs grill!

As far as parking goes it is a first come first serve basis at the parking lot. There is no way to reserve a specific area unless we get a group that goes in together.

You guys will be able to find YZILLA and I stuffed somewhere between that grill and a cooler full of beer!!

I can probably scrounge up a few camping and folding chairs. I'll bring a bunch of beer and brats too. Maybe I can figure something out to bring my grill as well.
    Last edited by m0ef0e; 07-17-2008 at 12:48 PM.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast