Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgating!!

Default Tailgating!!

Anyone attending the home opener that has any thoughts or ideas concerning tailgating, please post them here.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    And you obviously do NOT have it.
    Heh! At my age "it" went bye, bye a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    And you obviously do NOT have it.
    No, but the more grills the more food

Default First Time to Arrowhead

Hello Chiefs Fans....

Some buddies and I are meeting up in KC this season to catch the Nov 2 game against TB. Since it is our first time in KC, I could use some tips and advice for excellent tailgating. ie - Where to tailgate, what to eat (local favorites!), etc. Any and all advice apreciated. Thanks and go Chiefs...

Quote Originally Posted by Leggs View Post
    Hello Chiefs Fans....

Some buddies and I are meeting up in KC this season to catch the Nov 2 game against TB. Since it is our first time in KC, I could use some tips and advice for excellent tailgating. ie - Where to tailgate, what to eat (local favorites!), etc. Any and all advice apreciated. Thanks and go Chiefs...
    Pick a spot as far as tailgating goes... the whole parking lot tailgates. I think we are tailgating in Lot G for the home opener (but not 100% sure). BBQ is a KC favorite, but anything on the grill would be your best bet - you can smell arrowhead from miles away.
    Beer is also an essential for a lot of us.

Have fun!!! and make sure you yell a lot

Oh... and get there early!! That is a noon game so gates open at 9am .... people start lining up at 7am. Make sure you get in the stadium early to see kc wolf and hopefully you will get a flyover!

So it is now 3 weeks away and I think we should finalize plans as far as food, grills, beer, parking passes etc. I know YZILLA told me that he gets his parking passes at HyVee (I think) so I am cool with that when we get down there. How many grills will we have for the weekend as well as for the game? Do you guys want to just get your own food or should we all get together and buy bulk? I will be bringing my own beer and maybe some to share (if you all behave yourselves) If anyone has ideas to add start posting cause the time is quickly approaching now!! 20 more days!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Ok I'm gonna run off a few things off the top of my head here:

First I only get my food at HY-VEE before the game. Because its very close to the Hotel ( Beer Also ) .

Next the gates open at 8:30 am and you want to be in line before that by at least no later than 8 or it will be a long wait to get in.

next , you will want to get your beer the nite before the game because there are no beer sales before 9:00 and that is when we should be drinking and already be pulling burgers off the grill.

I will look for parking passes and report back to you on that . We could just set up camp with one or two cars in red reserved areas. General parking is like $22 and red reserved gets up around $30-$50 depending on where you look. We should probably set up shop in lot C which is the Side where the Holiday Inn is across the street. Because the sections we are sitting in are on that side . and it gets to be alot of walking if you come from the general parking to the opposite end of the stadium to your seats. which means packing up early from the tailgating and the long *** walk back after the game when all the pissers are full of people.It would be smart to get this plan implemented right away so we are all able to have a good time together. Ive been in lot G ( its a fun party lot ) where Boomer Grigsbys family always set up . But hes not here anymore and I see no reason to be on the other side of the stadium for this game. All the lots are fun no matter where we park . Red areas are the closest and the blues are in the boonies. most people will want to save as much money as possible so the blue is the cheapest. If we all want we can party out by the Royals stadium in the blue section. Just let me know and I'll do whatever the majority wants. My best experiences are in the closer sections with red passes , but I don't like alot of walking when I could be drinking . I have a grill, big cooler I can probably cook about 10-12 burgers at a time or a bunch of dogs/brats. really I do more drinking than eating when I get there. I can fire up the grill afterwords also because the traffic doesnt really clear up for an hour after the game. So we have time. I have a beanbag board set and a football to toss around. I also have a Chiefs gazebo to set up if its hot. maybe two if I can find another base for my extra canopy. anyone else wishing to bring another grill, please do so. Also make sure you bring your chairs. I have about six and a small 4' folding table . We might need more tables if anyone has extras. I'm assuming we will have side dishes and salads, chips, dips, I can bring paper plates and plastic utensils. if I'm forgetting anything let me know.

Also try gates barbeque , Some people say its the best in town. One other thing is a must! Go to Sportsnutz before the game on Saturday ( if you can ) . Its like a half mile from the stadium North on blueridge cutoff to the 40hwy corner I believe. They have a player or two signing autographs , last year I got tank and Turk, Dbowe and Sippio and Kolby smith and Tamba Hali . Pluse its just a great little place to get the chiefs atmosphererunning in your blood before the game. They usually have like free food , music on that saturday also . and tons of memorabilia , anything with chiefs on it is in there .

http://www.sportsnutz.com/
    Last edited by YZILLA; 08-24-2008 at 11:37 PM.

Also here is the map for the parking situation so we can all look at it and discuss our options :

http://www.kcchiefs.com/arrowhead/parking/

Look man, if you are not gonna offer anyting constructive, just keep quiet!!

j/k I may hang out in your back picket all weekend. I can co ordinate the beer at the game!! There wil be lots!! We are buying about a dozen cases when we get in on Friday!! We do a final inventory on Sat nite and then buy a few more cases and then kick the fu<k outta the Gayders!!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast