Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs sign a new Center

Default Chiefs sign a new Center

Per PFT:

With Casey Wiegmann long gone and the best opportunities to replace him in free agency never materializing, the Chiefs finally have added a guy who’ll have a crack at taking over the position.

The Chiefs have announced the acquisition of Wade Smith, who spent the past two seasons with the Jets.

Smith was picked by the Dolphins in round three of the 2003 draft, and played in Miami for three years. He started 16 games as a rookie, but only two since then.

Smith will likely compete with Rudy Niswanger for the starting job.

Competition is a good thing.

Kick ***, we are working on the line!

Nice find texas, but aren't you worried about PFT coming and *****ing about your report?

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

Nice find texas, but aren't you worried about PFT coming and *****ing about your report?

I'm sure they've got bigger fish to fry.....WPI on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'm sure they've got bigger fish to fry.....WPI on the other hand....
    I just searched for Wade Smith on WPI and they still have him listed as a Jet...

I wonder who I should believe?

I heard they are never wrong at WPI!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Yeah, they probably still think Jared Allen won't be in a Chiefs uniform next year.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Yeah, they probably still think Jared Allen won't be in a Chiefs uniform next year.
    Well I, for one, am still VERY worried that he won't!

I think MN is gonna end up with him, one way or another.

I guess it's a good thing he left without an offer sheet though.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

besides.....you don't have to pay for the info at PFT....because it's MOSTLY ALL RUMORS!!! (kinda like that other site you have to pay $100 for).

PFT....WPI

whats all this mumbo-jumbo?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PFT- ProFootballTalk.com
    WPI-WarPaintIllustrated.com

Per kcchiefs.com:

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Monday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-year contract with unrestricted free agent C Wade Smith. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement was made available.

Smith (6-4, 296) has worked primarily at tackle during his NFL career, but is expected to compete at center with Kansas City. He played in 14 games as a reserve offensive lineman and on special teams for the N.Y. Jets in 2007. He spent two seasons (2006-07) with the Jets, appearing in 23 contests. The sixth-year pro has seen action in 45 games, opening 18 contests at left tackle. Prior to joining the Jets, Smith spent three campaigns (2003-05) with Miami after entering the NFL as a third-round draft choice (78th overall) of the Dolphins in 2003.

Smith started all 16 games at left tackle for the Dolphins as a rookie, earning consensus all-rookie honors. He joined tackles Richmond Webb and Todd Wade as only the third rookie tackle in franchise history to open all 16 games. Smith spent the entire 2005 campaign on injured reserve with Miami after suffering a forearm injury in training camp. He attended camp with the Dolphins in 2006, but was released prior to the start of the regular season.

The Memphis product was a four-year letterman and two-year starter at left tackle for the Tigers. Smith was named second-team All-Conference USA as a senior. He led Lake Highland High School of Lake Highland, Texas to the regional title in ‘98.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast