Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vikes, Allen close on a deal

Default Vikes, Allen close to a deal

Per PFT:
    Although the bigger issue is whether the Minnesota Vikings and the Kansas City Chiefs can work out a deal for a trade of defensive end Jared Allen’s rights from the Chiefs to the Vikings, the Kansas City Star reports that the Vikes and Allen are close to an agreement as to the long-term deal that would be signed by the player if/when he’s wearing purple.

And, as we heard on Sunday, the Vikings are likely to sign Allen to an offer sheet after the draft, if the Chiefs and the Vikings can’t work out the terms of a trade.

While such an approach would risk that the Chiefs will trade Allen elsewhere (such as Tampa), the reality is that, if Allen has decided that he wants to play for the Vikings, he can essentially block a trade to another team by refusing to sign a long-term contract there. Absent a multi-year deal, the team getting Allen would be getting him only for one season.

Per many published reports, the Vikings are willing to give up a first-round pick and a third-round pick, but the Chiefs want a first-round pick and a second-round pick.

Allen ended his visit to Minnesota on Sunday. Per league rule, such visits may last only two days.
    Last edited by chief31; 04-22-2008 at 10:40 AM.

guess i should've said "Vikes, Allen close TO a deal. sorry if i freaked y'all out.

Holy crap they got their information from the KC Star, they are gonna hear it from someone!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    guess i should've said "Vikes, Allen close TO a deal. sorry if i freaked y'all out.

Click on Edit then Go Advanced and you can change the title of the thread!

Hurry you only have 10 minutes from the time you post it!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

i thought that maybe just maybe, if i didn't worry about it, allen wouldn't sign else where.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post

i thought that maybe just maybe, if i didn't worry about it, allen wouldn't sign else where.....
    I'm still hoping and wishing and praying!

Keep your fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I'm still hoping and wishing and praying!

Keep your fingers crossed!

This seems inevitable guys.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Fortunately, I knew better. But I fixed the title for you anyway. Oops. I thought I fixed it. Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    This seems inevitable guys.
    I'm not sold that this is a done deal. Obviously, it could happen, but I think we still have some hope. I hope that all of the HUBBUB about this deal will make the Chiefs think about what could happen here, and get on the ball.
    Last edited by chief31; 04-22-2008 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Fortunately, I knew better. But I fixed the title for you anyway.

I'm not sold that this is a done deal. Obviously, it could happen, but I think we still have some hope. I hope that all of the HUBBUB about this deal will make the Chiefs think about what could happen here, and get on the ball.
    I am with you there man, I still think JA will be wearing the Red and Gold when we start the season.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

i was watching the tv the other day and jared allens bar and grill commercial came on and he said "COME AND JOIN THE DRAFT PARTY!" i wonder if he will be there?!?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast