Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: What the Deuce?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default What the Deuce?


    0 Not allowed!
    We now have three fullbacks? Are we running the wishbone this year?


  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    It's starting to look like it...

    We will probably draft 3 more to make up for the loss of T Rich.

    Still paying the price for that one!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    We now have three fullbacks? Are we running the wishbone this year?
    Maryland I formation.


    "Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    For those who don't know....

    April 14th-
    Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Monday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-year contract with FB Chris Manderino. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available.

    Manderino spent the entire 2007 campaign on Cincinnatiís practice squad. He also spent a portion of the 2006 season on the Bengals developmental squad.

    April 16th-
    Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Wednesday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-year contract with FB John Paul Foschi. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreements were made available.

    Foschi appeared in 11 games as a member of the Oakland Raiders from 2004-06.
    *****************

    I think that's 4 fullbacks now. I'm just happy we're signing these guys instead of wasting draft picks on fullbacks. I don't think fullback is a hard position to fill with mediocre talent. Fullback isn't a position we should be wasting picks on. If we sign these guys, then a couple undrafted FAs, we should be set at fullback for this upcoming year.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    For those who don't know....

    April 14th-
    Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Monday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-year contract with FB Chris Manderino. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available.

    Manderino spent the entire 2007 campaign on Cincinnatiís practice squad. He also spent a portion of the 2006 season on the Bengals developmental squad.

    April 16th-
    Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Wednesday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-year contract with FB John Paul Foschi. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreements were made available.

    Foschi appeared in 11 games as a member of the Oakland Raiders from 2004-06.
    *****************

    I think that's 4 fullbacks now. I'm just happy we're signing these guys instead of wasting draft picks on fullbacks. I don't think fullback is a hard position to fill with mediocre talent. Fullback isn't a position we should be wasting picks on. If we sign these guys, then a couple undrafted FAs, we should be set at fullback for this upcoming year.
    How are you waisting a pick if you pick up a player like Hester? He's listed as a fullback but is an all around good player.


    "Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,069
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    It's starting to look like it...

    We will probably draft 3 more to make up for the loss of T Rich.

    Still paying the price for that one!

    ...And then some.


  7. #7
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    For those who don't know....

    April 14th-
    Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Monday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-year contract with FB Chris Manderino. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available.

    Manderino spent the entire 2007 campaign on Cincinnatiís practice squad. He also spent a portion of the 2006 season on the Bengals developmental squad.

    April 16th-
    Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Wednesday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-year contract with FB John Paul Foschi. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreements were made available.

    Foschi appeared in 11 games as a member of the Oakland Raiders from 2004-06.
    *****************

    I think that's 4 fullbacks now. I'm just happy we're signing these guys instead of wasting draft picks on fullbacks. I don't think fullback is a hard position to fill with mediocre talent. Fullback isn't a position we should be wasting picks on. If we sign these guys, then a couple undrafted FAs, we should be set at fullback for this upcoming year.
    Yeah. Who needs good players to do that job?

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah. Who needs good players to do that job?
    Other than Richardson and Oneil, you couldn't name 4 more in this league without looking them up. The fullback position is becoming obsolete. I'm sure Gailey wouldn't have a problem instituting an offense that wouldn't require one....there are plenty of offenses out there that don't require one.....so no. you don't need to waste a pick on a fullback.

    Signing free agents will work just fine.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Other than Richardson and Oneil, you couldn't name 4 more in this league without looking them up. The fullback position is becoming obsolete. I'm sure Gailey wouldn't have a problem instituting an offense that wouldn't require one....there are plenty of offenses out there that don't require one.....so no. you don't need to waste a pick on a fullback.

    Signing free agents will work just fine.
    Sure. I am with ya. ***struggles to keep a straight face*** Some positions just don't need to be considered.

    Hey, uhh... if we aren't going to use a FB, then why do we have four of them here now?

    If a team seriously wants to run an offense without a FB, then it can be done. It happens alot. But those teams rarely have four fullbacks under contract.

    And if you are going to use a FB, then wouldn't you want him to be a good one?

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Sure. I am with ya. ***struggles to keep a straight face*** Some positions just don't need to be considered.

    Hey, uhh... if we aren't going to use a FB, then why do we have four of them here now?

    If a team seriously wants to run an offense without a FB, then it can be done. It happens alot. But those teams rarely have four fullbacks under contract.

    And if you are going to use a FB, then wouldn't you want him to be a good one?
    You really are detached....do you honestly think we're going to keep all four under contract?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •