Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: give Brodie a break

Default give Brodie a break

Okay, i've been pretty much a reader for these forums..

I am really wondering if chiefs fans really feel the same about Brodie..

Every single critic and sports writers are not cutting him some slack..

last one is King

Here's his 2 cents about our possible pick

"
    5. Kansas City. T Ryan Clady, Boise State. Two things I hear here -- coach Herman Edwards likes Gholston and superscout Bill Kuharich isn't sold on any of the corners as the No. 5 overall pick. In the end, the pick is rather obvious -- a tackle who can play either side to protect a quarterback, Brodie Croyle, no one is convinced can play. But they'd like to give him a real chance."

I really do think that Brodie would be the bomb if giving enough protection..what do you guys think?
    HERM

Quote Originally Posted by ASDF View Post
    Okay, i've been pretty much a reader for these forums..

I am really wondering if chiefs fans really feel the same about Brodie..

Every single critic and sports writers are not cutting him some slack..

last one is King

Here's his 2 cents about our possible pick

"5. Kansas City. T Ryan Clady, Boise State. Two things I hear here -- coach Herman Edwards likes Gholston and superscout Bill Kuharich isn't sold on any of the corners as the No. 5 overall pick. In the end, the pick is rather obvious -- a tackle who can play either side to protect a quarterback, Brodie Croyle, no one is convinced can play. But they'd like to give him a real chance."

I really do think that Brodie would be the bomb if giving enough protection..what do you guys think?
    i am usually Brodies main scorce of defense around here. Because he is being evaluated based on last years performance. And I don't think he had a fair chance in that hideous offense. No running game, no #1 WR (He was a rookie guys, so D-BO didn't count as a true #1 WR yet.), no time in the pocket, and an offensive coordinator who everyone says was garbage. ( I defend that guy some too.)

But if the question is (and I think that you are asking) "how well would he do with a decent o-line?" I don't think that he will be very good.

I think he needs a very good - great offensive line before he could become a good QB.

But, make no mistake about it, I think that he deserves a chance to show us otherwise.

No first day draft picks for QBs this year!!!!

I'm not sold on Croyle. I think he isnt the answer, but he is the best fit for where the Chiefs go. I do admit that Brodie has not had the protection he needs to be able to set his feet and throw a good pass. However, there have been great QBs in the past that didnt have a great line and still were able to produce good numbers. My bottom line is, great players find a way no matter the situation. Ok players look good with great situations. I think Brodie is in the Ok player category.

But, we will all know what the Chiefs think come draft day and what they do with Matt Ryan at #5, cause I think he will still be around there. The best think to do, and I've said it before, is dangle that pick to the Ravens. They need a QB really bad, if Ryan is still there. Oh boy good they make some good things. Because the Chiefs need to get out of the #5 spot so they dont have to pay such a huge rookie salary and they see it bust.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    i am usually Brodies main scorce of defense around here. Because he is being evaluated based on last years performance. And I don't think he had a fair chance in that hideous offense. No running game, no #1 WR (He was a rookie guys, so D-BO didn't count as a true #1 WR yet.), no time in the pocket, and an offensive coordinator who everyone says was garbage. ( I defend that guy some too.)

But if the question is (and I think that you are asking) "how well would he do with a decent o-line?" I don't think that he will be very good.

I think he needs a very good - great offensive line before he could become a good QB.

But, make no mistake about it, I think that he deserves a chance to show us otherwise.

here here on the one chief31!

brodie croyle needs some protection on that line and that he was not provided with last season... leaving us with no converting on third downs and no seeing the redzone and no wins. its going to be a long season...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He sucked in college and he will suck in the pro's. Too many silly mistakes made because he thinks his big arm can get him out of jams. He will be Jake Plummer with less success. He doesn't scramble as well as Plummer did but will and has made the same dumb decisions as Plummer did. Plummer had a great O line in Denver and still threw as many or more INT's than TD's. After O line and CB, QB is a big need for this team. As I said in another thread, look for the Chiefs to take a hard look at Tim Tebow if they are drafting 1-3 in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    He sucked in college and he will suck in the pro's. Too many silly mistakes made because he thinks his big arm can get him out of jams. He will be Jake Plummer with less success. He doesn't scramble as well as Plummer did but will and has made the same dumb decisions as Plummer did. Plummer had a great O line in Denver and still threw as many or more INT's than TD's. After O line and CB, QB is a big need for this team. As I said in another thread, look for the Chiefs to take a hard look at Tim Tebow if they are drafting 1-3 in 2009.
    I am good with that.

I am good with that.
    Me too!!

I agree but I think he has some maturing to do. I think we all can agree he has made several mistakes when he did have time to throw. Maybe Chan can help him get his act together because he does not lack arm strength.

It will be interesting to see what Tebow does this year. Tebow fans had better hope he doesn't get his head taken off this year when he takes off like he does.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I agree but I think he has some maturing to do. I think we all can agree he has made several mistakes when he did have time to throw. Maybe Chan can help him get his act together because he does not lack arm strength.

It will be interesting to see what Tebow does this year. Tebow fans had better hope he doesn't get his head taken off this year when he takes off like he does.
    It will be interesting. If he has half as good a year as he did last season, he will definetly be looked at near the top of next years draft.

I am good with that.
    Me too!!

How can you be Brodie's main source of defense.He sucks!If Herm would've allowed Damon to keep his starting job then we would've possibly been in the playoffs.We were on top of the division until Herm made the dumb switch to wack as CRoyle.That **** pissed me the f*** off.We definitely aint going nowhere with Tim Tebow.Give me a break.I'm all for Damon "killer" Huard.2 guns up.:sterb200:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast