Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: JAred Allen update

Default JAred Allen update

This post has been edited because Warpaint got upset about the article being shared.

Jared Allen was visiting with the Minnesota Vikings this past weekend to seek a possible trade. The speculation was that the Vikings were offering a 1st and 2nd draft pick in exchange for Jared Allen. The Chiefs were obviously looking for more considering the deal did not get done. Jared is now rumored to be visiting with the Tampa Bay to seek a long term deal. Jared has vowed to not play another game for the Kansas City Chiefs.
    Last edited by Coach; 04-21-2008 at 11:15 PM. Reason: WP Complaint

I don't know. I would stick to just the 1st and 2nd this year. Why give them great draft position next year.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I hope if jared is gone we stick it to whoever gets him , and come out of this with some really good picks. It could totally change our draft selection at #1

That would be exceptionally nice.

Whatever we have to do to get rid of "Dickies guys". I think that that is what this is all about. We don't want a team of "Chiefs", we want a team of Herm-guys.

Herm - we are not going to change a thing - Edwards

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

this years picks from the vikes wouldbe great but swap next years picks? why would we want to trade the number 1 or second pick of the draft next year for a midrounder. the way this off-season is going so far our 2-14 to 4-12 season sould get us a high draft choice again.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    this years picks from the vikes wouldbe great but swap next years picks? why would we want to trade the number 1 or second pick of the draft next year for a midrounder. the way this off-season is going so far our 2-14 to 4-12 season sould get us a high draft choice again.
    Because we slapped the Franchise tag on Allen, I think it is required that we get 2 first round picks if we trade him.

If that means we have to get their 1st round pick in exchange for our 1st round pick that is just absurd.

They will have a better record with Jared and that means a lower pick in the draft.

That is a ridiculous scenario that hurts us.

This is all turning into a gigantic fiasco.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I'd take the Viking's first 3 picks this year and their first pick next year but i think we'd have to throw in a 09 2nd rounder in order to keep our 09 first rounder and not have to swap first rounders.

This could turn out to be an absolutely amazing draft for the Chiefs. Could you imagine if we were able to draft out of our #5 pick as well? We could grab another 2nd and 3rd rounder depending where we go.

Let's say we trade down to 8 with Baltimore. We pick up Albert at 8, then Otah at 17, Lawrence Jackson at 35, Justin King at 38, Malcom Kelly at 47, Oniel Cousins at 66, Jeremy Zuttah at 73

Then we pick up Baltimore's 4th and 5th rounders because they don't have a 3rd this season.

It could be amazing to possibly have 7 or 8 picks in the top 3 rounds!!!
    Last edited by texaschief; 04-18-2008 at 01:58 PM.

I am excited about the draft this year, possibly more so than ever before.

I can't wait!!!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast