Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest on Jake Long

Default Latest on Jake Long

Reports: Dolphins in serious negotiations with Jake Long

It's looking more likely that the Miami Dolphins will select Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long with the top overall selection in Saturday's NFL draft.

NFL Draft Central

The NFL draft is April 26 and 27 on ESPN, starting at 3 p.m. ET. For updated coverage, bookmark our Draft Central page. Index

According to several reports, the Dolphins are in serious negotiations with Long and the Palm Beach Post reported Tuesday that an announcement on an agreement could be just days away.
    A source told the Post that "there's a very good chance" Long will sign with Miami before the draft begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday.
    Despite speculation that Dolphins vice president of football operations Bill Parcells really plans to select Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston or Virginia defensive end Chris Long, sources told ESPN's Michael Smith that since the Dolphins opened negotiations with Jake Long they were talking to him exclusively.
    Long, a 6-foot-7, 313-pound senior who moved to left tackle in 2006 and started his final 26 games, was an All-America selection and Big Ten lineman of the year in each of his last two seasons.
    Offensive line is considered the biggest need for the Dolphins, who went 1-15 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I thought you were the guy saying earlier how great Parcells was at building the Cowboys for Phillips?

Long is gonna be a stud at LT.
    He DID do a good job with the Cowboys....but he started with DE. lol. Long won't stick at LT.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    He DID do a good job with the Cowboys....but he started with DE. lol. Long won't stick at LT.
    So you think you are a better judge of talent than the Tuna, or you think he is stupid enough to take a RT with the first pick.

I'm confused, which one is it?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

So you think you are a better judge of talent than the Tuna, or you think he is stupid enough to take a RT with the first pick.

I'm confused, which one is it?
    yes

yes
    OK, as long as I understand.

When anyone doesn't do what you predict they will do, then they are obviously wrong.

Gotcha!

:wink:
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I'm just glad that the uncertainty of J Long is now gone. I would love to see the Rams get the 2nd pick done prior to Saturday as well.

OK, as long as I understand.

When anyone doesn't do what you predict they will do, then they are obviously wrong.

Gotcha!

:wink:
    It's not that. I have no problem with someone taking an OT with the first pick. I just don't think you should take a guy you're not sure is going to be your starting LT for the next decade or so. If there is ANY doubt about him starting at LT, the #1 pick shouldn't be that guy.

That's just my opinion. I know I'd hate to be that guy with the #1 pick to pick this guy just to have him end up on the right side. Talk about a waste of a #1 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm just glad that the uncertainty of J Long is now gone. I would love to see the Rams get the 2nd pick done prior to Saturday as well.
    Same here.

I would love all those teams ahead of us to get their picks out of the way, so we can really speculate on what we are gonna get.

It's not that. I have no problem with someone taking an OT with the first pick. I just don't think you should take a guy you're not sure is going to be your starting LT for the next decade or so. If there is ANY doubt about him starting at LT, the #1 pick shouldn't be that guy.

That's just my opinion. I know I'd hate to be that guy with the #1 pick to pick this guy just to have him end up on the right side. Talk about a waste of a #1 pick.
    Why wouldn't Jake be their starting LT for the next decade?

He is a monster and I think he's gonna help out the Dolphins as much as that guy the Browns took last year.

Why wouldn't Jake be their starting LT for the next decade?

He is a monster and I think he's gonna help out the Dolphins as much as that guy the Browns took last year.
    First off, the Browns didn't take Thomas at #1. Also, there weren't any questions about his ability to stick at the LT spot. Long COULD turn out to be a fantastic LT. I just think it's an extremely high risk to take Long at #1 with while there are DEFINITELY questions out there about him being a LT or RT. Usually, you're taking a LT in the first round while possibly being able to pick up a RT in the 3rd or so.

Like i said, if he ends up being a spectacular RT, this pick could go down as a HUGE bust because he's not playing on the left side.

First off, the Browns didn't take Thomas at #1. Also, there weren't any questions about his ability to stick at the LT spot. Long COULD turn out to be a fantastic LT. I just think it's an extremely high risk to take Long at #1 with while there are DEFINITELY questions out there about him being a LT or RT. Usually, you're taking a LT in the first round while possibly being able to pick up a RT in the 3rd or so.

Like i said, if he ends up being a spectacular RT, this pick could go down as a HUGE bust because he's not playing on the left side.
    Maybe Parcells has his eye on a talented left handed QB.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast