Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jared Allen Traded!!!

Default Jared Allen Traded!!!

THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I started one too, sorry.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

WOW THAT SUX BAD!!! BETTER BE SOME GOOD PICKS INVOLVED:sterb200:

Wow.

I'm pretty sure we got their 1st and both 3rds and thats it. I can't F*ckin believe his SH*t!!!

Quote Originally Posted by derickg85 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we got their 1st and both 3rds and thats it. I can't F*ckin believe his SH*t!!!
    Maybe a 2nd next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Maybe a 2nd next year as well.
    I wish. But I think it's just those 3 picks this year. No 2nd next year.

Quote Originally Posted by derickg85 View Post
    I wish. But I think it's just those 3 picks this year. No 2nd next year.
    Sources: Chiefs agree to send franchise player Allen to Vikes

By John Clayton
    ESPN.com

Updated: April 22, 2008, 11:13 PM ET

Jared Allen, the franchise player for the Kansas City Chiefs, is heading to a new franchise, the Minnesota Vikings, according to multiple sources.
    Allen

Late Tuesday night, the Chiefs and the Vikings reached an agreement on a trade package, and at roughly the same time, Allen reached an agreement in principle on a contract with the Vikings. Upon reaching the contract agreement, Allen headed to the airport and left for Minnesota.
    Terms of the trade and deal weren't immediately available. The Vikings had been offering a first- and a third-round choice in 2008. There have been reports that they might include a second-round pick in 2009, but those details weren't immediately available.
    Allen, a fourth-year defensive end out of Idaho State, led the league in sacks last season with 15½.
    The Chiefs, who are trying to get younger, now have the fifth pick in the first round and presumably the Vikings pick, which is the 17th. Allen had made it clear to the Chiefs that he wouldn't sign a long-term deal with the team.
    Now, the Chiefs can use the fifth pick in the first round to find a pass-rushing replacement, either Vernon Gholston of Ohio State or Chris Long of Virginia.

Chiefs send Allen to Vikings for three draft picks

NFL.com Wire Reports
    The Kansas Chiefs have agreed to trade Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen to the Minnseota Vikings, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.
    The Chiefs will receive Minnesota's first- (17th overall) and both of its third-round picks (73rd and 82nd) as compensation. Kansas City has been looking to acquire additional draft picks in an attempt to speed up coach Herm Edwards' rebuilding project for a team that lost its last nine games in 2007 and finished 4-12.
    The Vikings also agreed on a new contract with Allen, which will be finalized Wednesday. Allen flew to Minnesota on Tuesday night in anticipation of Wednesday's events.
    The Vikings fill one of their biggest needs by adding Allen to their front four. The Pro Bowl starter had a league-leading 15.5 sacks in 2007 along with 67 tackles, three forced fumbles and 18 pressures in only 14 games.
    The Chiefs need offensive linemen and defensive backs, two position groups that scouts believe to be in abundance. The Chiefs already owned the No. 5 overall pick in the draft, and now have 13 selections with the trade, including five of the first 82 picks.
    Before trading the 26-year-old Allen to the Vikings, the Chiefs also talked with Tampa Bay about Allen.
    General manager Carl Peterson's relationship with Allen has been strained ever since Peterson, in the wake of Allen's DUI convictions, described him as "a young man at risk." Allen, who could be suspended for a season if he has another alcohol-related episode, had said he would not negotiate with Kansas City if he didn't get a contract done by next July.
    After reaching an impasse, the Chiefs made Allen their franchise player on Feb. 7, but did not put the exclusive tag on him, as they did on tight end Tony Gonzalez when he was franchised in 2002.
    That made it possible for Allen and his agent to talk with other clubs and be examined by their team doctors.
    Allen was suspended the first two games by the commissioner last season for multiple DUI convictions. But Allen says he has stopped drinking entirely, a claim backed up by close friends.
    "I've seen Jared at a big party, out on the dance floor, where everybody is drinking except one person. It's Jared, and he's having the best time of everybody," said Chiefs fullback Boomer Grigsby.
    In his first game back from the suspension against the Vikings, he had nine tackles, two sacks, a pressure and a pass defended. He also forced Adrian Peterson to fumble.
    The 6-foot-6, 270-pound Allen was drafted with a supplemental fourth-round pick out of Idaho State in 2004.
    Information from the Associated Press was included in this report

NOW I hope we get Chris Long.

Chiefs get Minnesota's 1st rd'er and both of their 3rd round picks.
    17th, 73rd, and 82nd.

Not enough in my opinion.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast